XIM mounting?

Just ordering my xfi setup with xim. Wondering where you guys are mounting the boxes. Done a lot of searching but can't seem to find that much info. I've seen bent6's setup in the glove box. which is nice but not for me. I'm thinking of moving the xfi box under the passenger seat and mounting the xim box in the stock ecm location. (On the panel at least). Any one got any pictures of there setups.

Brandon.

Subcribed. My XFI is under the pass seat and I have my motor going in soon and was thinking where to put the XIM as well.

having them that far away is not a big deal as you only need to bring two wires into the xfi from the xim, the cam and crank input signals.

Adrian

If you are running a stock harness with my CNP setup, the CAN wires are the only two that connect between the XIM and XFI. The crank and cam signals get connected at the old module plug. You modified your's Adrian to simply things.

If the XIM & XFI aren't next to each other, you will probably need a CAN extension harness.

ahhhh yes the CAn wires.

You are right, i have pulled alot of old wires out. What was i thinking....my car, stock.... yeah right.

Karolko any pictures of your mounting location of the boxes. Sounds like you made your own harness. I'm going to be running Cal's harness, so i'll extend the communication wires. I'll test the unit that way than move the plug in harness into my modified stock harness, to clean up the wiring.

Brandon.

no unfortunetely i do not. I mounted mine in the glove compartment, but not like Bent6. Mine was realy time confusing to do and is not user friendly, but looks great.

Adrian

Here is mine.

Attachments

• DSC00216.JPG
    DSC00216.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 243
I removed the back of the glove box and mounted everything behind the glove box plate. Looks stock but still allows you to see all the injector and crank lights.

here is mine, with a lot of help from Cal's harness the installation went fast and easy
I had to drill a 1.25 hole in the firewall, the spot I picked is right above the gas pedal that look like it was designed to have a hole through the firewall for different factory options
By the way the XIM Ignition made a difference the car runs a lot smoother!
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2994.JPG
IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
Seems like everyone is mounting there's where the glove box was. Still waiting on my boxes to get here. Fast had some issues with the enclosures being out of stock. I've been looking at the wiring for the unit. I will most likely do some small modifications to Cal's harness to make it fit in my setup alittle better.

Brandon.

Looks great Bob! I'm glad to hear your car is running smother. Brandon: We have received somee enclosures and should be shipping out 3 more XFI & 2 XIM setup's today. I'll make sure one is yours :)

That is a nice install Bob. I just looked again and saw that the glove box is still able to close. That is a great idea and allows you to hide them.

Brandon: We have received somee enclosures and should be shipping out 3 more XFI & 2 XIM setup's today. I'll make sure one is yours :)

Cal you really are the Santa of the Buick community! ;)

Brandon