Xfi wiring Mods.

karolko

This question pretains directly to the water temp sensors on the top of the intake manifold.

As far as i know, there are two water temp sensors, one with a real plug, and the other with a plug similar to the knock sensor.

So here is the question, Do you need to have both of those sensors plugged in, or can i simply remove one of them. If so which one?

Cal i remember when we were working on George's car, the temp sensor on his intake (BGC) was on the top side of the intake and there was only one temp sensor. Granted you were using the custom fast harness, however the same should apply to a factory harness.

Just trying to clean things up in the engine bay as much as possible. Unnessisary wires are a must go for me.

Thanks

Adrian

The one that looks like a knock sensor is not required.
It does turn the fans on IF the XFI or Stock ecm doesn't
if it reaches a certain temp.

Otto J, so what you are telling me is that i can simply program into the xfi what temp i want the fans to turn on at and it will read it from the other temp sensor, and it will do just that?

Or does this get a little more complicated and i have to use an AUX output or will the rest of the factory wiring do its job? does that make sense?

Can i just not use that plug, put some numbers into xfi to tell it when to activate the fans and that is it, or more wiring?

thanks for all your help.

If you are using a caspers jumper harness just input the temps and hte XFI will do the rest.
Although, It only runs 1 of the fan relays and this is the low speed one,unless things have changed.

If you find it turns on the low speed,i swap the 2 positive wires in the the 3 wire fan plug.

Adrian,
Just use the two wire sensor and program the fan turn on point in the View/System Configuration/Operational Paramters [F5] screen

Hope your leg is doing better. Stay warm, it was freezing when I was there a few weeks ago.

Cal you are lucky that you we hear when you were and we were working in a heated garage. Yesterday it was around 30*. The leg is doing good, they are letting me walk on it now without the cast.

Why did our cars have this two speed fan option?as far as i know fans are either on or off, so why this fancy stuff??