Xfi VSS input issue

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Recently installed Xfi and got everything working well minus the VSS input. It's very erratic reading 200mph then 110-then 50 then 125---speed cable is quilte and smooth all well correct with stock ECM and PL/sd2 setup-I have ran a wire from the xft a5 to the factory harness bypassing the caspers box and it's the same. I have picked a few people's brains at the show and my next step is to check the voltage input at a5 of the xfi box. Any ideas?

Verify the discrete VSS input is grounded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Verify the discrete VSS input is grounded

Hi Cal. Pin A5 discrete VSS input signal is not grounded. Maybe I am confused but if I understand it correctly that's the input signal from the factory VSS buffer not a ground. Correct me if I am wrong. There's should be a voltage on this circuit when the vehicle is moving.

You're correct. You need to verify the inductive vss is grounded. If you prefer, call me and I'll walk you through trouble shooting it

Well it's fixed! I did the grounds and that didn't change anything. I am new to xfi but I had a tune for 60lb injectors that the tcc worked on just fine. I loaded it did some digging and found my rate sensor calibration parameters where not the same. I changed those and it works as it should. I undid the extra grounds and it still worked. See the pic for the numbers. My orginal was 16,xxx 482 and 16,xxx .

I will put this in my experience file and move forward.

Attachments

• 20170514_134521.jpg
    20170514_134521.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95