XFI vs Bank to Bank

87we410877

Whats the difference between the new Speed Pro XFI and the older Speed Pro bank to banks? I have a bank to bank.

Their are several differences. All XFI boxes are sequential with individual cylinder correction. The ignition type and O2 is not ECU specific. They have variable scaling along with the ability to have 4 seperate programs stored in the ecu. They can be reflashed by the user, so you shouldn't have to ever send the box in. They have 8 programable analog inputs along with drivehaft speed, VSS, etc.. They also have boost control, AC clutch control, TCC control, etc...
I could keep on going, your best bet is to give me a call at (321)863-2303 for more details.

If ya buy one from Cal,Im fairly local to help you with any install or tuning you need.

Called Cal and got the machine. Would i be able to just switch out the other FAST and put the XFI in its place or is it more involved than that?

Well,They make a jumper from the old style connector to the new style,But if you are just using a jumoper to a stock buick harness,Your better off to buy the new style jumper harness.

The down fall to using the jumper board, is that you won't get all the options that the XFI has, unless you repin the connector and run those new wires to the new options (without going thru the jumper board). I think that would look pretty messy. The jumper board is a great idea for dyno testing, but I am not sure I would put it in a car and run it. You would basically have the same options as the older system with the jumper board, if I am not mistaken. Besides, I have seen those jumper boards, and they don't look water proof enough to be in a car, but nothing is totally water proof, lol.

If I were going to go get a new XFI system, and I had an older FAST box, I would just rewire the car, versus the jumper board option. Just my 2 cents.

im looking to put a fast system in my car and apparently there are 3 types from what i can tell the bank to bank, xfi, and xfi seq. my delima is that from what i understand is that the seq. setup is not easy to tune with a DIS and coil pack and that it is more distributor friendly as trying to tune each cylinder with a coil pack is basically useless which makes the bank to bank more appealing. but my true question is if im correct on the 3 different ones then is the regular xfi basically a bank to bank setup that also has the features of the seq. with 4 program modes and boost controll, with that how well does it control boost could i basically get rid of my boost controller and controll it from the fast system? You can tell im new to this LOL. thanks for the help as i just want to purchase the right system once and not have to upgrade later etc. I will be going to 83# inj and a 70gtq turbo along with all the other money sucking modifications ive already done.

Its late and i can get into this more tomorrow,But there is only 1 XFI(besides the double injector version) That is seq and bank to bank,You choose how you want to use it,But as far as tuninng the seq,The ind cylinder stuff is much more useful if you know how each cylinder is running,If you have no way to know best to leave them at 0