XFI using driveshaft rpm for fueling

kidglok

Balls Deep
why is it interpreting DS RPM in playback? i hope its not basing my fueling off this...

Now thats a little strange !! Although looking at your fuel map having the VE's the same in the horizontal rows you would never know what its actually using.
Allan G.

Looking at the trace and the instantaneous drop I would suspect it is rpm unless you locked up the brakes although the scale is way off.
Did you ground the speed sensor to the appropriate ground on the XFI ? This to me would seem to be the only possible commonality between the two.
BTW- your ve table needs work
AG

turbobitt said:
Looking at the trace and the instantaneous drop I would suspect it is rpm unless you locked up the brakes although the scale is way off.
Did you ground the speed sensor to the appropriate ground on the XFI ? This to me would seem to be the only possible commonality between the two.
BTW- your ve table needs work
AG

Everything is wired as per cals instructions. It's definitely DS RPM because it follows all the way through.

And what's wrong with my VE table? :)

kidglok said:
Everything is wired as per cals instructions. It's definitely DS RPM because it follows all the way through.

And what's wrong with my VE table? :)

Ok I follow you and was reading the trace incorrectly.
AG

its not following DS RPM , look at the spark timing early on where there is a difference based on rpm and youll see its using spark off engine rpm even though your playback for whatever reason is using DS RPM for the layover

What does it look like when the laptop is hooked up and reading in real time ? If it is only on playback after logging you can try deleting all the logging parameters in the Logging Dash you have selected and then rebuild it. Sometimes things get corrupted and can cause some strange problems.
Allan G.

turbobitt said:
What does it look like when the laptop is hooked up and reading in real time ? If it is only on playback after logging you can try deleting all the logging parameters in the Logging Dash you have selected and then rebuild it. Sometimes things get corrupted and can cause some strange problems.
Allan G.

Makes sense, because the other day the DS RPM was listed after the engine RPM and playback was fine. I just verified the football follows normal without the logger turned on.

Must be a glitch in the XFI that looks at the First listed RPM and overlays that.

Very odd, you using the internal logger in your runs or the laptop?