xfi transbrake control

Robert Wilson

When using the PA hold input for activating transbrake creep, do the PA global parameters such as TPS threshold and activation RPM have to be met in addition to the transbrake control parameters for the creep to activate?

Transbrake control won't work

Cannot get the xfi creep feature to work on my transbrake. Transbrake is a Griner.
Transbrake switch wired to take pin A20 to ground. Pin A18 is wired to negative side of digital relay. When the switch is closed, the transbrake engages normally and I can see the clutch input go from 0 to 1 on the xfi dashboard.
Pin B16 is wired to a seperate switch going to ground when closed. I can see the PA hold go from 0 to 1 on the xfi dashboard when activated.

I have adjusted all the parameters through there full ranges and nothing works.

Any ideas????

Are going by the schematic wiring in the instructions? If so it is incorrect. I forgot which, but 2 wires are reversed in the schematic. I could look at mine in the morning and let you know.

It sounds like it's wired correctly. I have seen several FAST digital relays not work. You might want to try a standard relay for test purposes.

It is wired correctly. The input side of the relay schematic in the FAST instructions is wrong. I went by how the relay is marked instead.
I will try a mechanical relay and see if it works.

thanks,
Robert

Digital relay bad...

It sounds like it's wired correctly. I have seen several FAST digital relays not work. You might want to try a standard relay for test purposes.

I tried a mechanical relay tonight and now the creep feature works. I was able to adjust it where it works smoothly. Anybody using a mechanical relay on a continuous basis?

thanks,
Robert

sorry for a question but what does the trans brake creep feature do? who brake are you using?

sorry for a question but what does the trans brake creep feature do? who brake are you using?
You must use an electric brake.
This gives you the abilty to apply the transbrake in hte prestage beam.Build boost and push a button and while you are holding it the car will simply roll while you hold the creep button in

cool, i should wire mine up. i have a electric brake. so you have to hold the tbrake buton and hold another button for the creep?
'
soudns cool

cool, i should wire mine up. i have a electric brake. so you have to hold the tbrake buton and hold another button for the creep?
'
soudns cool

Yes, the second button allows the car to creep while the transbrake is applied. it takes some testing to get it right and has to be tested and set at launch or 2 step rpm