xfi questions?

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
To log egts do you need to buy the internal data logger option?

Does any NTK sensor work with the box?

Does the Boost control use two solenoids as the ams-1000 does? Can I re-use the ams solenoids?

How can timing and a/f be offset based on mph or gear changes? IE different timing in 3rd.

THanks

norb

To log egts do you need to buy the internal data logger option?

Does any NTK sensor work with the box?

Does the Boost control use two solenoids as the ams-1000 does? Can I re-use the ams solenoids?

How can timing and a/f be offset based on mph or gear changes? IE different timing in 3rd.

THanks

norb

I downloaded the new software , and it answered most of my questions, except the egts. The egt amplifier is $800 there has to be another way to run egts?

I downloaded the new software , and it answered most of my questions, except the egts. The egt amplifier is $800 there has to be another way to run egts?

Well you can get an EGT amplifier and tie a probe into an analog in. www.O2simulator.com sells the 0-5 thermocouple adapter and you can buy an egt probe from www.exhaustgas.com

The problem is the XFI only has 8 inputs. So what the other box does is ties the EGT's through the CAN bus. Not the inputs. Thats why its some coin.

HTH

I now understand how it works. I am the process of getting aa 6 cyl egt module with temp warning ouput with a relay , but I will have to use the 6 analog inputs though. To do this and cost are going to close to the CAN bus looks like, but at least I will have over temperature warning connected to the ams-1000 to reduce boost instantly.

Julio, your EGT converter thing sounds simple enough, just one question, can i have this tapped into my EGT probe from my Autometer gauge and have the gauge running? What i am wondering is if the 5 volts will backfeed the gauge and ruin it?

Adrian

What exact gauge do you have and does it run on 0-5volt input?

Julio, your EGT converter thing sounds simple enough, just one question, can i have this tapped into my EGT probe from my Autometer gauge and have the gauge running? What i am wondering is if the 5 volts will backfeed the gauge and ruin it?

Adrian

I dont think so. The thermocouple(egt probe) probably wont allow this. If your gauge has an output, then yes. I dont think Autometer stuff has an output.

Its kind like the wideband adapters. Whereby you plug in the WB sensor then tap into the output from the adapter. Not tap into the wide band sensor itself.

These converters egt amplifiers FullThrottleSpeed use to sell them also.. dont know if they still do.

Julio

Norbs, i have the regular type EGT gauge, the one with a red and yellow wire attached going to the prob. There are two small wires going to the gauge itself, but they are 12V and ground.

One question, i shortened the red/yellow wire for the EGT probe as it was way too long. Will this effect any readings?

Adrian

i went to that 02simulator.com website and they say that they are not accepting orders due to backlogs. Can you believe that. The price is right if it comes to just buying one, which is what i want to do.

I will put this out there in hopes, but doesanyone have one of these lying around that i can buy from them?

Sorry to highjack your thread Norbs.

Adrian

You will need to go with a 2 bar map to read pressure and vacuum. You think your going to have lots positive pressure in the crankcase? It would be interesting to see what data you get.