XFI-Aux Out 2 for activating second pump?

kidglok

Balls Deep
just wondering if anyone is using the aux out 2 (kpa+tps) to activate the second pump in a double pumper setup instead of using a hobbs switch? I know it switches to ground when active, so it would have to be ran to a relay. I would be using racetronix double pumper 2x340 aeromotives.

just wondering if anyone is using the aux out 2 (kpa+tps) to activate the second pump in a double pumper setup instead of using a hobbs switch? I know it switches to ground when active, so it would have to be ran to a relay. I would be using racetronix double pumper 2x340 aeromotives.
I'm usind AUX 1 but also not using it for a second pump but I am using it to switch from low to high on the pump controler. The controler makes it easy since it's looking for a switched ground.

Allan G.

I'm usind AUX 1 but also not using it for a second pump but I am using it to switch from low to high on the pump controler. The controler makes it easy since it's looking for a switched ground.

Allan G.

Should also mention that I'm using AUX 2 for a home made volt booster and using the XFI to trigger the booster instead of a Hobs switch.
Allan G.

Allan G.

Should also mention that I'm using AUX 2 for a home made volt booster and using the XFI to trigger the booster instead of a Hobs switch.
Allan G.

what pump are you running?

Our DP harness has control jumpers/interfaces which can be connected to your PCM for pump control. See our web ad pic and faq for details.

I use aux 2 to turn on my 2nd pump and have the racetronix 2x255 pumps. it works like a charm. i also can trigger second pump to test it coming on at idle for a few seconds then turn it off by changing the 2 parameters.

quadzila said:
I use aux 2 to turn on my 2nd pump and have the racetronix 2x255 pumps. it works like a charm. i also can trigger second pump to test it coming on at idle for a few seconds then turn it off by changing the 2 parameters.

That's what I was thinking

Also if I log the auxout channel it will show in the log when it activates

i have fuel pressure being logged and see when the second pump go on, nice piece of mind. also the racetronix harness has a pig tail to power indicator lamps when the pumps see power.

quadzila said:
i have fuel pressure being logged and see when the second pump go on, nice piece of mind. also the racetronix harness has a pig tail to power indicator lamps when the pumps see power.

I got fuel psi also, does it show a spike when the pump kicks on?

I got fuel psi also, does it show a spike when the pump kicks on?

If the second pump kicks on at the proper pressure and your regulator and return line are good you should see little to no spike under WOT.

The new pressure switches we provide can be adjusted slightly with care. Support on how to do this may be requested in our support forum. We also offer a re-cal service for the pressure switches here using a Meriam precision pressure calibrator.

when viewing the dashboard at idol the psi would go from 39-40 rite to 74 when i manually turned the 2nd pump on.

well then you need to fix your return or you will see a spike

kidglok may not see a spike even at idle with with both pumps on as his fuel setup has a 6an external regulator returning to tank with -6AN line

i just did an e85 setup with -10an from pump sender split to -8an dual feeding rails , -8an out of rails to an external regulator with 6an out , ran that to stock feed line and that running back to tank at sender . with both pumps on the regulator can still maintain base fuel pressure