WTF did I do?????

Big Paul

Bob Barker
Tonite, I was cruising with my "honey" and I got to a stop light in town.

Well, this guy in a Mitsubishi (The old Dodge Stealth looking ones) pulls up next to me in the right lane.

I didn't think of a race at all. But I did wanna show off my exhaust so when the light turned green I got on it, and so did he, I had it floored, and he did too.

We stayed bumper to bumper till about 50 and he shut down.

I don't know if he was trying or not, but I thought for sure he woulda blown my a$$ off.

This one couldn't of been a turbo'd one. What HP/TQ #'s do those things make that aren't turbo'd? They are 4 bangers aren't they? Do you guys know anything about these cars? I think there 3000Z's or something like that, I have no clue about these ricer bastards.

My son had a Dodge Stealth (same car as the Mitsu) and IMHO it was pretty gutless. 3.0 V6-barely faster than our old '95 Taurus. Not even anywhere close to the TR's.
Keith

You might've been racing a 3000 GT with the twin turbo possibly. The one's without the turbos wouldn't have chance.

The VR-4s have 320 hp if I remember correctly. The Sl and base models are a lot less.
They are good handling cars, but don't seem to have enough umph from the line...
JMO

if youre with someone who can drive youd think they should have some "umph" off the line cause those vr4s are awd, and with 320hp youd think they should be quick, but yes they are heavy, i dunno, but if it wasnt turbod he very well could have been on it and you showed him whats up, good job.

The Stealth R/T is the brother of the 3000GT VR4 and looks about the same and has the same twin turbo V6 motor that makes anywhere from 300 - 320hp depending on what year it is. I think you raced the N/A V6 version (SL) cause they look the same as the twin turbo version, but it's still a good kill for the S10:cool: BTW, they do come with awd, so I think they launch pretty well with street tires, but the awd makes them pretty damn heavy (from what I've heard they weigh about 3800 to 4000lbs).

Crazy thing

Jeeez thats heavy for a car, my truck weighs about in the 3400# range.

I hooked up pretty good too, I just got new wheels, and the tires were Cooper Cobra G/T's, and they don't do so shabby compared to the other sh*t tires I had.

But I was surprised that I actually kept neck and neck with him, pretty good for the 2.8L!

Their tubby cars, for sure. The VR4 is a handful off the line, but that 220 hp SL turns in mid 8s 0-60. They're tuff from a roll though. I think there was also a baseline model, that only LOOKED fast. It had like a 2.4 liter 4 banger, good for 160 hp or something like that. Anybody confirm? They'd be slugs. I'm too lazy to look up the stuff, but there were definitely 3 engines you could get with them, AWD only in the Twin Turbo one.

there are 3 different flavors of the 3000GT and its American counterpart, the Stealth. the first 2 are N/A V6s, one rated at 160hp, and the other 220. The VR4 is twin turboed and produces 320hp. its good for high 13s. you think they would be quicker than this, being a twin turbo V6 and all, but the AWD creates alot of rolling resistance after 60mph or so. Plus theyre heavy as sh*t. 3000GTs launch like hell, though, i think 0-60 is in the low 5 sec range.

That's intersting to know. There's a guy in town with one all done up. Got the rims, body kit, wing, exhaust, full gauges, etc etc etc. It's a NA one though. My buddy didn't know that and ended up having it out with him one night while he and his brother were in his 93SHO. He laid waste to the 3000GT and when he told me which one it was, I knew it wasn't a VR4, but I didn't know there's an even more anemic engine that can be in them. My friend in the SHO said he put about 5 car lengths on it off the line and I was a bit skeptical at first, but not anymore. I know the SHO has serious potential for a fwd car and know that it could beat either of the NA ones, but my friend has a tendency to think it's a bit faster than it really is. I'm guessing it's still in the mid-low 15's, which for a 4dr family sedan with a NA 3.0L V6 in it and over 130k miles on the clock, that's impressive, but certainly not fast in any way shape or form. I can relate to all the riced up imports though. This is a college town and with FSU, FAMU, and TCC here, we have all sorts of punkazz mofo's riding around in all manner of rice. Get's sickening after a while. You can drive down any street in this town and see rice. It's all the same too. All show and no go. I like some of the Audi's and even a few of the VW's I've seen that are slightly more tasteful(could be the lack of spoilers and body kits...), but even most of those are turds. And like a good friend of mine said to me, "You can't polish a turd."

fwiw, ive driving a stick shift (5 spd) NA 3000 GT SL, its got some get up and go, i would say its about as fast as a stickshift eclipse GST, both putting about 200 hp down, so for your s-10 to keep up, thats not bad at all.

dan

Yeah I know

Originally posted by TylerDurden
fwiw, ive driving a stick shift (5 spd) NA 3000 GT SL, its got some get up and go, i would say its about as fast as a stickshift eclipse GST, both putting about 200 hp down, so for your s-10 to keep up, thats not bad at all.

dan

Thats what I was saying, I was pretty surprised myself, we kept nose to nose, I don't know if his was stick though. If he had a stick, he prolly woulda ripped me one. :D

Are they a real TT car or are they like a supra with that sequential turbos??