would this work?

mojilla

I was thinking of hooking up a system on my car that would spray liqued co2 on the intercooler befor a run down the track.
I was thinking of using a nos soliniod, and having a co2 bottle in the trunk and hooking the soliniod up to a switch so i can spray the co2 on the intercooler befor and during my run.
Thanks
Joe Miller

I've heard of it being done before, but never seen it. You should hook it so it sprays on your way down the track. That would give better results. Or just use NOS instead of CO2.

Nitrous express already makes a system to do exactly what you describe.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm

For supercharged or turbo applications where nitrous is not an option, NX offers another alternative, the “N-tercooler”. Using either nitrous or CO2 this unit can reduce air inlet temperatures dramatically. In a recent dyno test, a turbocharged Honda, equipped with an NX “N-tercooler ”, increased its baseline by an astounding 52 horsepower! If it makes horsepower, it must be Nitrous Express!

Things to think about are if your intercooler has any leaks it will suck the co2 in and choke out the motor.

Also why do you figure that you'd get better results while youare moving? I figure the air moving over the IC would wash away the CO2 faster and it wouldn't supercool the metal of the IC like it would sitting still. Most guys that have used this type of setup use it when prestaging.