Woo hoo

85tr

Thought I would let you all know that I finally got my t-type running with the 87ecm and 42lb injectors , been fighting this thing for a whole year. Had a bad set of used injectors I bought off this board and a bad inj harness as well. Car ran pretty hard today for only 15psi.
If all goes well I will be at the track next month to see if I can get into the 12's with pump gas .

Thinking 12.99 @101-102 might be possible around 18 psi with a good 60ft .

Don't think the head gasket will be a problem I have a power logger and will be watching knock on that and my knock gauge . Ran 15 psi here in Washington without a intercooler don't think 17-18 will be a problem with a big front mount .

Brad I'm not going to just turn the boost up the car will be tuned and I will be watching all that I can, felt almost as good today as it did when I ran my 12.59@104 years ago at 20 psi but a lot has changed since then .

Don't think the head gasket will be a problem I have a power logger and will be watching knock on that and my knock gauge . Ran 15 psi here in Washington without a intercooler don't think 17-18 will be a problem with a big front mount .
You will make your goal. I ran 12.6 @106. I have alot of ported head work and alky inj running at 20 psi. 18 degress of timing is all it will take on zero knock.Brad

Sure hope so , been 13.6@99 with a horrible exhaust and less efficient I/c around 16 psi on street tires .

Got 17 psi today with no knock and 02's around 785 . Going to install my wideband next week before I go any further but the car felt pretty strong at 17 psi. Have to admit that my ass dyno has had a long layoff .

This is by no means meant to “Show off” or diminish any accomplishments, but wanted to share my experience.
About 4-5 years ago during T&T, with a completely mismatched combo, in 100+ track temps, a bad tune and some issues, my GF ran a 107 MPH on 93/alky. 1/8 mile was 87 mph.
Got out of the hole in first, short shifted into third and ran it out. Obviously driving is a big part of the equation, but . . . . . .
The car had 231, ported intake, 212/212 FT, TA33, ported TB, and port matched heads, zero bowl work, Alky, 18-19 PSI boost, 19/17 timing.
Many here have, and will continue to run much faster than that.

I don't think it was intentional , maybe but these things happen and injectors can get stuck if they sit . I would rather jot put the member on blast . Just learned my lesson never buy used injectors that haven't been recently cleaned and flowed .