Wiring help!!!!!!!!!!! :)

*NEW TO THE FORUM*:wink:

SO I JUST FINISH DOING AN ENGINE TRANSPLANT ON MY 87GN...WHEN I RAN INTO THIS! ANY HELP?:confused::confused::confused:

THANKS.

104_3017.jpg

assuming this is an 87 setup that looks like the factory oil pressure sender that's unplugged and an aftermarket one that's tee'd in. Someone cut the connector off so you'll have to either ohm out the wires to figure out what termnals they go on or leave then disconnected. If you choose the latter your oil pressure idiot light won't work and the backup for a failed fuel presser relay won't be there. Just make sure they won't short out on anything. FWIW my factory sender has been unhooked for almost a decade.

Oil Pressure Sensor Splice from Caspers'

You could always just order the proper oil pressure sensor splice / plug unit from Caspers' Electronics and be done with it. At $8.95 it's not too expensive and will clean up the looks of this area. :biggrin:

Oil Pressure Sensor Splice 1984 / 1989

Replaces the original molded-on oil pressure switch connector which is frequently burned or damaged because of its location. Uses a three-wire connector with proper color wires.

NOTE: This connector is not a sealed connector

Attachments

• Oil Pressure Sensor Splice #108092.jpg
    Oil Pressure Sensor Splice #108092.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 300