Wiper arm removal?

LIFT THE ARM,WITH A SMALL SCREWDRIVER,LIFT THE SMALL RETAINER ,THAT WILL RELEASE THE WIPER ARM FROM THE TRANS BASE,SHOULD BE VERY EASY..

Passenger side is a little easier than driver's side
The driver's side has the geared insert - that one can be a PITA due to oxidation around the gear teeth
Both come off the same way

Go easy on the clips - as they will pop off due to age
I take alot off at the boneyards
So - I first pry the clip back with a small straight blade screwdriver
Then I shove this tiny plastic wedge I found - in the clip - to keep the clip held back when I'm wiggling and prying the arm off
Then I use a widie"ish" pickle fork pry bar I made that has a little 30 degree bend
I cut enough meat out of it to span the wiper transmission post and be able to get a solid bite under the arm
You get the idea
Don't try it with just a straight blade screwdriver - it's hard to get the good angle - and you'll bugger up your lower reveal molding
Then just rock and wiggle the arm off while gently prying
Recommend you throw some masking tape pieces on the area and under your wiper arm to keep from buggering things up
One wrong slip or hard pry and you end up painting things.

There's alot of built up oxidation under there - so I gently clean in with my dremel / wire wheel and a little oil before reinstalling
Wiper Transmission side too

While i'm there - I replace those 3 bolts with Stainless painted black - or Black Phos type
But they are a funky coarse thread screw actually and kinda hard to replicate or just get at Home Despot..

Attachments

• WIPER ARM - 1.JPG
    WIPER ARM - 1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 282
  • WIPER ARM - 2.JPG
    WIPER ARM - 2.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DRIVERS SIDE WIPER ARM - 1.JPG
    DRIVERS SIDE WIPER ARM - 1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 263
  • PRY BAR - EXAMPLE.jpg
    PRY BAR - EXAMPLE.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 208
  • WIPER TRANSMISSION OR LINKAGE.JPG
    WIPER TRANSMISSION OR LINKAGE.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics. Get a good idea of what is on the underside before I start prying. I see the pics labeled drives side wiper arm has teeth on it. Assume the first pic is of the pass side? If so, why no teeth?