wineband help

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
wideband 02 & gage on the way,now i can really do some tuning.ive got two questions for the pros out there:biggrin:

1) what ratio do i "shoot" for at wot?
2)where do i mount the sensor? down pipe?

i have stock block (50k orig miles),spring cleaning done,ta 49, ford blue top inj with matching chip.adjustable wg and fpr,walbro 340 and hotwire kit,etc. no alky ,doupt i will go that far with this car.

wideband 02 & gage on the way,now i can really do some tuning.ive got two questions for the pros out there:biggrin:

1) what ratio do i "shoot" for at wot?

No alky? I'd start at around 12.0:1 and see how the car likes that, might be able to work toward leaner.

2)where do i mount the sensor? down pipe?

Yes. Where in the DP is up to you. Keep the sensor slightly above horizontal if possible, never at or below horizontal. Keeps condesation out of it.

i have stock block (50k orig miles),spring cleaning done,ta 49, ford blue top inj with matching chip.adjustable wg and fpr,walbro 340 and hotwire kit,etc. no alky ,doupt i will go that far with this car.

thanks dave my wideband came in today!

chuck, thanks, i will study.

update

got the wideband installed,put sensor at the very end of downpipe (instuctions said 3 ft from turbo).

right out of box the gage would peg out to 10.0:eek:

i keep adjusting the fpr and still 10.0 but now no knock.

after a richened up all i felt comfortable,i checked before shuting off car and f/pressure is 67 line off:eek:

i need more injector? my car has very large fuel line ( for the methonal test)do i need to add a second walbro (my tank is already setup for two)?

no exhaust leaks that i can find/hear.im going to run a new vacum line to afpr ( the old is zip tied).

HELP.....:redface:

Is it reading normally under regular driving conditons?

Did you check the proper operation of the WBO2 before installation.
Easiest way is to plug everything up, leave the sensor laying out in free air, and go to key on, engine off. Let the sensor heat up (about 1 minute).

What does it read? Full lean, right?

Duh, i was adjusting the wrong way?
10.0 is rich,right?and i kept richening :rolleyes:

i started leaning and got an 11.2......will let car cool and lean out some more....

11.2 is still rich,correct? im at 36 fp stattic :eek: why would the car be that rich? back to 4kr at this setting.

That's about..

11.2 is still rich,correct? im at 36 fp stattic :eek: why would the car be that rich? back to 4kr at this setting.

7 to 9psi too low, assuming you mean static as line off, and plugged, engine warmed and running.
Something else is causing the AFR to indicate it's that rich..
"got the wideband installed,put sensor at the very end of downpipe (instuctions said 3 ft from turbo)." Is the dp open, or does it have a flange, and an exh system attached?
Another ?: Have you verified that the FP gauge is accurate?

7 to 9psi too low, assuming you mean static as line off, and plugged, engine warmed and running.
Something else is causing the AFR to indicate it's that rich..
"got the wideband installed,put sensor at the very end of downpipe (instuctions said 3 ft from turbo)." Is the dp open, or does it have a flange, and an exh system attached?
Another ?: Have you verified that the FP gauge is accurate?

factory down pipe welded to a test pipe.complete dynamax exhaust.have not verified fp gage.

We're still missing some info.

What conditions are your readings being taken? Idle? WOT?

What kind of WBO2? Connections correct?

We're still missing some info.

What conditions are your readings being taken? Idle? WOT?

What kind of WBO2? Connections correct?

warmed up and in second at wot.

this wideband;eBay Motors: AEM GAUGE TYPE 6-IN-1 WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER 30-4100 (item 290202424666 end time Feb-07-08 22:53:06 PST)

going on another test run......

yes on the connections, i have power wired to a cig lighter plug so i can tune other cars.rest of connections are plug and play.

14.5 @ cold idle

its the chip:eek: i had made for me at renolds. i installed a thrasher chip i had -just to see.....and i can lean it out now.....:rolleyes:

turbo tweek (Eric) here i come:p ill keep you guys posted....