Win2k laptop and DS.... DS locks up

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Well,

I have an old win95 laptop.... it runs DS fine....

I bought a Innovate wideband..... it's software doesn't appear to work with my old laptop.... needs opengl ..... old laptop is a no go....

I really don't want two laptops in the car.... I want to log DS and Logworks simultaneously on the same laptop......

I get a PII 266 laptop (Win2k) from my brother in law.... it runs Logworks fine.... install DS..... it comes on.... click on realtime......text display..... and it locks up DS.... the clock on DS quits counting..... at the instant I click text display...... I have to hit the windows desktop hot key to get out and end task...... I have tried various port settings for LPT1..... even checked to see if my old laptop was set the same.... it was .... ECP..... windows controld the addresses..... still no go.....on the 266 box......

Damn thing works great on my Pentium 75..... just not on the 266.....

What gives?

Blazer406 said:
Well,

I have an old win95 laptop.... it runs DS fine....

I bought a Innovate wideband..... it's software doesn't appear to work with my old laptop.... needs opengl ..... old laptop is a no go....

I really don't want two laptops in the car.... I want to log DS and Logworks simultaneously on the same laptop......

I get a PII 266 laptop (Win2k) from my brother in law.... it runs Logworks fine.... install DS..... it comes on.... click on realtime......text display..... and it locks up DS.... the clock on DS quits counting..... at the instant I click text display...... I have to hit the windows desktop hot key to get out and end task...... I have tried various port settings for LPT1..... even checked to see if my old laptop was set the same.... it was .... ECP..... windows controld the addresses..... still no go.....on the 266 box......

Damn thing works great on my Pentium 75..... just not on the 266.....

What gives?
I had the same problem on mine when I downloaded the program off the internet. After I got it loaded into the computer using the disk it worked fine.