Win 10 Update now no connection to powerlogger..

84BuickGNYorkPA

Daily Driving Buick V-6 Turbo's 1979 - Present
Anyone else having trouble? Opened up the laptop yesterday and Win 10 had major update, now powerlogger seams ok, but not able to connect with the car.

don't you just love Microsoft some days......

take a look in the device manager and see what ports show up.

Bob

Ports? Here are my USB...
upload_2017-2-15_17-29-30.png

it appears that Windoze does not like your powerlogger driver any more.

Did you do the disable-driver-signing dance to make this work in the past, as it appears you have the old drivers (PowerLogger, not USB Serial Port)

You will likely need to do that again, or send the PL to me and I will update it to use the new-fangled signed drivers (make Windoze happy)

Bob

In W10 there is an option in the drivers to make it compatible with prior versions on Windows. That has worked for me more than once. Here in an example:

upload_2017-2-15_18-1-45.png

it appears that Windoze does not like your powerlogger driver any more.

Did you do the disable-driver-signing dance to make this work in the past, as it appears you have the old drivers (PowerLogger, not USB Serial Port)

You will likely need to do that again, or send the PL to me and I will update it to use the new-fangled signed drivers (make Windoze happy)

Bob

Hi Bob,
Here is a link to what worked https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=qZ5XgOKZTaA my Win 10 laptop liked the file named ftdibus 3rd file up from the bottom in the video. Under type of file it listed as "Setup Information ".
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk