Willing to wheel and deal for parts

davemoberg

Howdy all, I'm the lucky owner of both a "before-black" '78 Lesabre Sport Coupe and an '86 Grand National. My GN is about 99% restored and runs great with a few mods. I've recently picked up this LeSabre and I'm trying to find some old parts for it. There are several things I need, including the "automatic spark control" module - the turbo control module that was mounted on the fan shroud.
I also need the 4-port vaccum switch that mounts on the front of the intake manifold. I believe this is the TCS switch. The moulded vacuum hose that plugs into the connector has 4 hoses - and plugs neatly on the switch. I ordered a replacement through my local AC Delco parts house and they sent me a switch that has 3 ports on top and one on the end. The moulded 4 port connector obviously won't fit. I'll probably end up having to just use individual hoses but I'd prefer to keep it original. Anyway, I'd be willing to wheel and deal, trade, barter, etc. to get any of the original parts and pieces. The oil return pipe I have for the turbo is crimped so I need one of them too. Sure I could buy a straight pipe and try to bend it to fit but I'd rather just find an original if I can.
The first thing I did when I started this restoration project was to pull the motor and check everything out. I ended up with a cracked passenger-side head. I was lucky enough to find a pair of heads out of a '78 Regal with the same casting number. After the machine shop was through I ended up with three good heads already milled and valves done.
That leaves me with one extra head that's ready to drop in and go. I also have some extra GN stuff that I can wheel and deal with.
If anyone out there has a box full of old "before-black" parts and pieces or even knows a source for the parts I need, I'd be grateful if you'd contact me. I'm in the midst of moving so replying to this message board is the best way to contact me. My current cell number is 210-326-2000 but that number may change soon - please give me a buzz, hopefully it'll still be activated for a few days anyway. Thanks in advance, Dave