will these work to re wire the dash?

Why reinvent the wheel? Get a harness for the car, much easier and cheaper.

Bryan

What is it that you are looking to accomplish? Is the factory harness cut up? are you just looking at rewiring added accessories like ALKY, gauges, scanmaster, etc?

What is it that you are looking to accomplish? Is the factory harness cut up? are you just looking at rewiring added accessories like ALKY, gauges, scanmaster, etc?
the wires are a mess down there,plus my sound system wont work anymore, interior lights, and car lighter. the first time they didnt work i took it to a mechanic and he fixed them but they stopped working again. but i am going to add a scan master and etc most likely

My guess is that the sound system was connected to the lighter circuit and over powered the circuit, melting the orange wire back to the fuse panel. I would get a dash harness for the car and wire the sound system correctly. The dash harness will take an afternoon to replace but will be WAY less complicated than rewiring it yourself. After you have replaced the factory harness add a separate smaller fuse panel for the add ons you intend to install. This place has alot of things that will help you and is a much cheaper alternative to what you linked too.

http://bluesea.com/home

Good luck, keep us posted on the progress

Bryan

sounds like you have a rats nest going on in there ??
welcome to my world LOL
do you have a gn, just a good used dash harness from one of these guys and it'll be a plug and play deal

Good luck

My guess is that the sound system was connected to the lighter circuit and over powered the circuit, melting the orange wire back to the fuse panel. I would get a dash harness for the car and wire the sound system correctly. The dash harness will take an afternoon to replace but will be WAY less complicated than rewiring it yourself. After you have replaced the factory harness add a separate smaller fuse panel for the add ons you intend to install. This place has alot of things that will help you and is a much cheaper alternative to what you linked too.

http://bluesea.com/home

Good luck, keep us posted on the progress

Bryan
what exactly do i need to purchase on that site? cant seem to find anything relating to a dash wiring harness

what exactly do i need to purchase on that site? cant seem to find anything relating to a dash wiring harness
The dash harness you can get from one of our vendors, ttaowner or Gbodyparts. The link i posted has the secondary fuse panels for add ons, jus find one that is sized for what you are looking to add.

Bryan

The dash harness you can get from one of our vendors, ttaowner or Gbodyparts. The link i posted has the secondary fuse panels for add ons, jus find one that is sized for what you are looking to add.

Bryan
arent those for boats though? i still cant find an extra panel.

I agree with phoneguy on this one. Don't re-invent the wheel. There is very little difference (other than money) in replacing all the wiring and fixing what you have. If you pull all of yours out and fix it and put it in it'll probably be easier and cheaper than pulling out everything and installing a generic system. Not to mention those $500 systems probably have less than $100 worth of shit you can buy at radio shack so if you did want to replace everything you might look at sourcing components yourself. All of the gm pins and connectors should be fairly readily available though so I would say pull it, fix it, install it, and drive it! As a side note while reading schematics is easy if you know how, even a simple schematic for a car can get confusing if you aren't good at electronics. That's not a cut as I don't know you're skill level. I'm just saying if you don't know or know someone that knows electronics than a generic harness is going to be tougher than you think. Let us know what you decide!