will t-link work on a suburban?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
hey ken,my friend's 93 gmc suburban(tbi 454,3/4 ton)has an ses light on.i've used t-link to diagnose 1/2 ton 350 trucks before but never big block 3/4 ton.

will it work?it's the standard version(2.13?).

thanx,sean

It depends on if it has the 4L80E transmission or not. If not, it probably will work fine.

If so, then the new v4.0 will work (soon) on it.

Ken you mean TL wont work on my 95 1 ton 454 because of the tranny? I know it has a 4L80, but I thought I could read the ECM. Are the diagnostic ports different or something?

I'll bet you have the nonelectronic version (4L80 vs 4L80E).... if it has a TV cable, then that is the nonelectronic version.

The ECMs are different between the two. The new and groovy v4.0 will talk to the trucks (all up to 1995) once we get the datastream debugged and available as a "VehiclePak" for downloading.

You can tell if you look at your ALDL plug.... while looking at it, if the pin furthest to the right in the BOTTOM row is populated, V2.13 and v3.0 will NOT work.

V4.0 will work, once we have the screens and datastream debugged.

Clear as mud? :)

cool,thanx,i'll have a look at it.

btw,those old-timers(like my friend's father in law)think you're some kind of genius when you bust out the laptop and diagnose their gripe in about 10 seconds:D.his cts thought it was -40º out :eek: .

thanx again.

later,sean