will new 15inch fosgates hit harder than old ones really old

badboy86gn2

"lord be with me"
I have some old series ones i got from ebay but by the time i got them with shipping i could have bought new ones well let me know im talking in comparison with series one

Johnny

Originally posted by badboy86gn2
I have some old series ones i got from ebay but by the time i got them with shipping i could have bought new ones well let me know im talking in comparison with series one

That is hard to say! You would have to compare them side by side using the same cabinet, power, x-over frequency, test disc and a DB meter to get an accurate comparible reading. Sometimes you can hear the difference from "old" to "new" sometimes you cannot. Sometimes "newer" doesn't always mean "better". Other than that, If you like the way they sound then that is all that matters! :)

Originally posted by badboy86gn2
I have some old series ones i got from ebay

Seriers 1? Those are old school woofers like saying around 10 years ago. Those thing only handle 100 watts of power.

yea those ones i mean the sound good until i really crank on them and then it seems they bog down

any one

i know its hard to explain and i was thinking the newer style probely allows more flex due to design these are the paper

Johnny

I personally dont care for 15's. Theyre too slow. A kickdrum shot is AUDIBLY slow. You can actually HEAR the midbass hit before the subs thump. BTDT. I'd rather see you run 3 10's or 4 8's. You'll move the same air, but have the speed of a lighter driver. Unless all you want is boom..then nevermind...get 18's :)

Thanks jim and yes all im using them is for boom but 18s never went that route and my combo couldnt handle it

Johnny