Will a standard Delco radio work in a Concert Sound car?

87gninpa

My car came stock with the 6 speaker concert sound and radio with EQ. Question is, if I replace the EQ radio with one of the standard Delco radio's (just treble and bass sliders), will all 6 speaker still work? Just wondering because mine quit working and the standard ones are much cheaper and to be honest, i hate the EQ.

My car came stock with the 6 speaker concert sound and radio with EQ. Question is, if I replace the EQ radio with one of the standard Delco radio's (just treble and bass sliders), will all 6 speaker still work? Just wondering because mine quit working and the standard ones are much cheaper and to be honest, i hate the EQ.

I've seen the regular radio in pics with the concert sound. I just upgraded my equalizer factory unit with a Kenwood KDCHP545U head unit and it sounds MUCH better than stock. I bought it from Crutchfield which included the wiring harness,and the installation kit for $170 DELIVERED!!!
I would sell my Factory unit for $100 delivered.

It will still work, you just won't have the adjust ability you had with the original radio. Also keep this in ind most of the factory radios are only designed to put out about 7 watts to each speaker , by simply upgrading the radio to an after market piece that puts out power in the neighborhood of 25-30 watts per channel will definitely give you an improvement over stock so if you have the opportunity to change the stock radio whether it be the concert sound or stock one you will like the upgrade! And also the additional 2 speakers if I am not mistaken are "piggy-backed"

Ok, they're piggybacked, that makes sense. Thanks for the info guys. I know an aftermarket head unit would be the way to go for the best sound, but i think they are just hideous. I want to keep the car stock appearing, not really super concerned about the sound quality, mostly listen to talk radio anyways. Thanks again for the info