Will a series 3 sc work as a replacement on a 98 series 2 engine?

Not 100% sure I remember there were some differences with the 97,98 and the 99+ were a little different. If you don't get replies here I would check clubgp.com you might find the answer over there or try Grandprixforums.net.

Ok for future info for everyone what I found out was this: the sc is pretty much the same externally. The main difference is that the newer sc moves more air so pulley choice is more important. Also the older throttle body will need to be used however an adapter plate will need to be made. As far as the 04 sc bolting up to the 98 engine it looks like it will work.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Make sure you have the lower intake manifold for it too also your going to need to do something about pvc and evap system. Also if your putting on a gen v why waste your time with a stock throttle body? Put a northstar throttle body on it.

So will the lower intake from the 98 not work with the 04 sc? Sorry if it is a stupid question but that is why I started the thread, because I dont know.

Sent from my ADR8995 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Im picking up the 98 this weekend. It runs but the bearing on the snout of the sc is bad enough to make the pulley wabble. I saw the whole snout section on ebay so I can probably just buy that and not need to use my 04 parts.

Im picking up the 98 this weekend. It runs but the bearing on the snout of the sc is bad enough to make the pulley wabble. I saw the whole snout section on ebay so I can probably just buy that and not need to use my 04 parts.

That's the easiest way. Snout's are an easy swap.