wideband ?

tford

Registered Member
Eventually I'd like to upgrade to the powerlogger setup w/ wideband that shows up on the scanmaster. Right now this setup is out of my price range. I would like to get the wideband hooked up now though because I found a guy to tune my car soon. I was wondering if there are any wideband kits with out a gauge that I can use my laptop to display the wideband readings. Basically, piece by piece, eventually have the powerlogger, wideband setup with the scanmaster. Can the plx-afr kit be setup with out a gauge to display on the laptop? Thanks, Tim

PLX-afr is simple and will give you the ability to track A/F on the Powerlogger and Scanmaster.

I don't have any places to put another gauge. I want to use my laptop to display the readings. Is this possible? I will not be buying the powerlogger at this point. To better clarify, I was told the innovate lc-1 comes with it's own logging software. This is the direction I want to go until I have the $$ to get the powerlogger and have the wideband display show up on my scanmaster. Thanks, Tim

Powerlogger

To use the laptop u will need the Powerlogger. Might as well get Scanmaster to view the tracking. No extra gauges involved, but to track on a laptop u will need the Powerlogger.

taken from innovate's website

1) The basic LC-1 kit ($199) includes the LC-1, sensor, cd which includes software and manuals, bung, and a serial cable to connect to the PC.

Doesn't mention anything about needing a datalogger to go with this. Am I missing something? This sounds like what I'm looking for. Anyone use their software? Sounds to me like no gauge needed and plugs right into PC. I'm assuming it will plug into my laptop too. Thanks, Tim

you are probably right, but the only thing that you will track is a/f. With powerlogger u can track a/f, o2, blm, boost, int, rpm, mph, injector %, timing, and a few other things.
contact turbo dave to give you a good intelligent answer.

1) The basic LC-1 kit ($199) includes the LC-1, sensor, cd which includes software and manuals, bung, and a serial cable to connect to the PC.

Doesn't mention anything about needing a datalogger to go with this. Am I missing something? This sounds like what I'm looking for. Anyone use their software? Sounds to me like no gauge needed and plugs right into PC. I'm assuming it will plug into my laptop too. Thanks, Tim

Shoot TurboBuRick, Turbo Dave, or Turbo Bob a pm about it. They may have used it. Yes, you can log with that one without the Powerlogger.

Just bought an LC1 kit off ebay with blue LCD gauge brand new for $170 shipped. Good deal.

tford, I don't know if this will help you any but....

I read you say you want to tune your car, but you won't be getting the powerlogger anytime soon and you claim to not have anywhere else to mount a wideband gauge...

This is what I started off with....it's a PLX M-300 tuner. I found mine on eBay for $260. (they vary from $260-$300 +) It's basically the wideband plus the gauge all in one box. You can mount it on top of your dash or if you want to be creative, you can purchase a tach mount from GNS performance (like I did) and mount it so it sits to the right of the instrument panel surround sort of in front of the central a/c vents.

Below are pics of how I did mine. I had this set up like this and used it to help tune the car, before I purchased a powerlogger. I ended up relocating the PLX M300 under the dash as it now simply is used to feed the powerlogger my wideband readings which now come thru on my Scanmaster.

So basically I bought this to help tune my car and used it until i got my powerlogger, then reused it again after I installed my powerlogger.

Attachments

• PLX 001.jpg
    PLX 001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 242
  • PLX 005.jpg
    PLX 005.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 240
I guess I'll go with a gauge for now. Any ideas for temporary single gauge mount I can get rid of later without leaving holes.