wide band o2's

ikle

Do you need to have a wide band o2 to properly/accurately tune our cars?If so which is the best one to use with a PowerLogger.Thanks,ikle.

It depends...

For a safe basic tune, the narrowband is fine IMO. There are limits to the amount of data and speed that it can be read. Scanmaster recall only gives you lowest O2 and highest knock retard and the speeds they both occur at. One bit of data is not really good enough to get a picture of the tune.

I am putting a wideband O2 in my car in the next weeks, mainly because I want to have a better tune and not blow up or otherwise hurt my new rebuild. I don't have a track car, or turn the boost way up. I do want a reliable car that is tuned properly.

I am putting in an LC-1, and hooking it up to the Powerlogger. PL will have a wideband signal feeding SM for more accurate data. I did not want an extra gauge to keep track of AF ratio.

HTH. I am an amateur at this, but I have good help.

i have a wideband mounted 24/7 just a cheap 14Point7.com Main Page naw7S one the narrowband doesnt even really show the difference between 10:1 and 12:1 fuel ratios when you compare to a wideband.i also have the 14point7 SLC diy wideband with egt controller built in great unit