Who's got the new wideband chip from Turbo Tweak?

Which chip are you refering to?

Ah. I didn't realize the speed density chips were in the wideband tracking chip category, I'm sorry. This is the standard issue wideband, not the SD chip. I'm not sure I'm ready to step up to speed density yet lol. It would be super nice though. I'd love a hollowed out stock maf with stock filters.

Last edited:
6.1, no adjusting for idle afr.

I've been looking into this chip. Isn't the idle and partial throttle AFR controlled by the stock O2?

AFR's are controlled at WOT only. Idle is openloop by default (can be set to closed loop). But it is done through the narrowband

Darn. Ah well. Had to check. Lookin for a way to increase idle fuel. Turning the fuel pressure higher, yes, I know this is odd, but makes the idle blm's drop even lower, and does zero to the idle AFR... Weird, I know.

So this chip basically uses the powerlogger and a wideband to, in theory, adjust parameters to hit a target A/F ratio at WOT? With some tuning capability on top?

Anyone using this want to chime in on how it works?

With the 6.1 and 6.0 you can run it on the preset parameters for wot tune or you can set it to track the wide band O2s. You set the afr you want it to track. At wot it will ajust the fueling to attempt to keep the afr at what it was set to. You can use those corrections to change the fueling so the chip does less adjustments at wot. With the 6.0 chip you have to do the gas pedal stomp to change settings, the 6.1 uses the Powerlogger software to change the settings which of course is way easier.

Just fuel. Timing is going to be at where ever you set it to. WOT tracking is also available using the MAF translator GEN2 or PRO and the extender chips. Can also go speed density with the PRO. Either way you can't go wrong. Both are great setups.

You can force the 6.1 to idle and drive in open loop by disconnecting the narrowband. I haven't messed with that much myself but some buddies have done it.

Thanks for the info. Trying to gather as much as possible. Need to see how hard I'm pushing my 42.5-ers so I'm picking up a powerlogger soon. If an injector upgrade is needed I am considering this new chip with a wideband also

The chip is a open loop idle chip but it does go closed loop the first time its installed or reset. In that case you can trick the system by running the translator base setting @ 0% or -10% during the first start. After a short drive cut the motor off and turn the translator to +10%.

I thought it does "occasional" closed loop idle learns every so often? It's been a while since I used one

The 6.1 chip works like any other TT chip, you can adjust the 8 cells on a scanmaster or in the PL interface. It even has part throttle mid boost AFR tracking (I use it to throw more fueling for a target AFR as my wastegate is tight and I get a lot of boost for relatively light throttle when accerating around town (5-13psi). For idle, thats the great thing, you just do the standard MAF and stock style tuning for idle numbers. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks like a good running TR should and that the IAC and TPS are right.