Who was it that inverted the radio set up?

litz

Some time back I saw a post that had the radio and scanmaster installed where the AC\heater and vent controls were and the cigarette lighter and vent controls moved down to where the radio sat. Any one know who posted this? I would like to do the same thing but am having trouble getting the steel frame that the radio and vent controls bolt to out and inverted.

Any help is appreciated.

I did a similar thing...My radio is on top and climate controls on bottom. I even had BFG make me an upside down cover plate so all the markings read right -

There are alot of screws (7mm or 9/32 or 1/4"). Some attach the frame to the dash opening (from the fire wall side), these are the tough ones...I think there are 6 (I think), 2 on the left 2 on the right and one or 2 on top. You can't see them, only feel them
There's more attaching from the bottom as well.

After you get all the screws out, the plate will be really loose but you won't be able to get it out. The easiest way I found is to fold the front down flat, than you can turn it and get it out.

When I did mine, I cut the "L" into 2 pieces and reinstalled them seperately. After they were both in and mounted, I hooked them back together with some brackets for added stability.

Looks cool works great. Why GM did the arrangement they did I'll never know.

thanks for teh reply, I kinda figured out myself before getting your answer and you are right bending it to get it out helps. I too cut the L into 2 pieces the fron face and the bottom plate, I also drilled a hold in the front face so I could reattach it to the dash on the top in the original place as well as 3 holes on teh sides. I have not gotten it back together yet, but have been looking at how the heater cable is going to fit, seems to be a bit tight, or maybe short, did you have any issues with this?

It's long enough. I didn't have to change anything on the climate controls.