Who did I piss off?

This thread and the other one like it have me seriously considering AN fitting and lines going to a catch can. I already have a locking gas cap that I dont lock. Better start locking it.

Really sorry to see this.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

After being alerted to this situation on Friday night, I have just now had the time to read his thread, and respond. I organized the show, and as most attendees, deemed it a success. To avoid a black eye on me, the event, and this community... we must figure this out.

First...Jerryl, could you please send the media in question, in for analysis. I will gladly pay, or help pay, or contribute to a fund created by board members...whatever. But lets find out what it is, for certain. That way, we would know where to start looking for the cause, and it's introduction. Sand... not available in that parking lot, and would require planning. Sugar... available from the restaurant, and would create a crime of opportunity. Syrup... from a returned bottle of oil , equals random sabotage against an unknown consumer. As David ( robertf ) suggested.. backtrack your movements. I think you were at Otto's 3 weeks ago, and at our dyno session in December ( although 4 of the 8 attendees are represented in this thread - I think you could cross that off your list of potential threats ). We have to know where to point the finger.

Second... It would be hard to believe that ANY car guy ( TR owner, or not ) would do this, ESPECIALLY at a show with that many people around. People are people, and you just never know what you're going to get anymore. As previously stated, there was a constant flow of spectator traffic, which could create " cover ", but also increases the number of eyes looking for a potential threat. IF this happened at the show, I NEED TO KNOW !! I consider myself a pretty likable guy, but like most, I have a breaking point. If that edge is crossed, my edge becomes a 90 degree angle, real quick. I hope that this is not the case, because I do not like black eyes.

Third... INSURANCE , INSURANCE , INSURANCE. Once oil analysis confirms the media in question, you and your insurance agent can decide the type of claim to submit. This may be your AUTO, or HOMEOWNERS insurance, and a police report may be required. I'm betting this is the best way to stop the bleeding of your heart, and you wallet.

Lastly... No matter the outcome ( type of media, introduction, coverage, or repair costs ) we as a community, are here for Jerryl. I consider him my Turbo Brother. I have a SNAP-ON torque wrench I will deliver to you, any morning after work, or any time on a Monday. I am willing to donate my tools, time, and wallet to help get you back on the road as soon as possible. For those that don't know him personally... you would be hard-pressed to find a better man. For those who do know him personally, see what you can offer..

Upset, concerned, and plain ole' pissed, James-

This thread and the other one like it have me seriously considering AN fitting and lines going to a catch can. I already have a locking gas cap that I dont lock. Better start locking it.

Really sorry to see this.

I couldn't agree more. I locked my gas cap once, to see if it worked. That has changed as of now. Jerryl said he has put 150 miles on his car in the past year... I put that much on my car in a weekend, travelling to car shows all over the Houston area. I walk away from my car for hours sometimes at shows. AN- fittings, and a catch can are very probable in the near future. Thanks for posting these (2) eye-opening ways to eliminate potential threats. Cheap insurance in my opinion!!

@JAMCAR223
This has ZERO reflection on you and your efforts.
The impact of this seriously cowardly act showed up at the meeting. Again, NO REFLECTION ON YOU BROTHER!!
I may never ever know who what where when this happened.

I only pour oil out of one quart sealed containers with a bottle ZDDP. Car has distilled water and RMI. Insurance is with Progressive for home and auto.

@JAMCAR223
This has ZERO reflection on you and your efforts.
The impact of this seriously cowardly act showed up at the meeting. Again, NO REFLECTION ON YOU BROTHER!!
I may never ever know who what where when this happened.

I only pour oil out of one quart sealed containers with a bottle ZDDP. Car has distilled water and RMI. Insurance is with Progressive for home and auto.

The reason I asked the question about the antifreeze .. is a I have seen very very similar granular deposits on engines that are using certain BIO antifreeze.. they are essentially sugar based .. small leak with a bit of water and you get that exact scenario

After being alerted to this situation on Friday night, I have just now had the time to read his thread, and respond. I organized the show, and as most attendees, deemed it a success. To avoid a black eye on me, the event, and this community... we must figure this out.

First...Jerryl, could you please send the media in question, in for analysis. I will gladly pay, or help pay, or contribute to a fund created by board members...whatever. But lets find out what it is, for certain. That way, we would know where to start looking for the cause, and it's introduction. Sand... not available in that parking lot, and would require planning. Sugar... available from the restaurant, and would create a crime of opportunity. Syrup... from a returned bottle of oil , equals random sabotage against an unknown consumer. As David ( robertf ) suggested.. backtrack your movements. I think you were at Otto's 3 weeks ago, and at our dyno session in December ( although 4 of the 8 attendees are represented in this thread - I think you could cross that off your list of potential threats ). We have to know where to point the finger.

Second... It would be hard to believe that ANY car guy ( TR owner, or not ) would do this, ESPECIALLY at a show with that many people around. People are people, and you just never know what you're going to get anymore. As previously stated, there was a constant flow of spectator traffic, which could create " cover ", but also increases the number of eyes looking for a potential threat. IF this happened at the show, I NEED TO KNOW !! I consider myself a pretty likable guy, but like most, I have a breaking point. If that edge is crossed, my edge becomes a 90 degree angle, real quick. I hope that this is not the case, because I do not like black eyes.

Third... INSURANCE , INSURANCE , INSURANCE. Once oil analysis confirms the media in question, you and your insurance agent can decide the type of claim to submit. This may be your AUTO, or HOMEOWNERS insurance, and a police report may be required. I'm betting this is the best way to stop the bleeding of your heart, and you wallet.

Lastly... No matter the outcome ( type of media, introduction, coverage, or repair costs ) we as a community, are here for Jerryl. I consider him my Turbo Brother. I have a SNAP-ON torque wrench I will deliver to you, any morning after work, or any time on a Monday. I am willing to donate my tools, time, and wallet to help get you back on the road as soon as possible. For those that don't know him personally... you would be hard-pressed to find a better man. For those who do know him personally, see what you can offer..

Upset, concerned, and plain ole' pissed, James-

NOt likely it happened at the show .. adding sugar to the motor would take more time to get those results

NOt likely it happened at the show .. adding sugar to the motor would take more time to get those results
Don't disagree . . . But need to be specific : Probably not at the show the day the symptoms surfaced.

The car has ONLY been at the show, at that location from time to time, in the last 4 years.

I couldn't agree more. I locked my gas cap once, to see if it worked. That has changed as of now. Jerryl said he has put 150 miles on his car in the past year... I put that much on my car in a weekend, travelling to car shows all over the Houston area. I walk away from my car for hours sometimes at shows. AN- fittings, and a catch can are very probable in the near future. Thanks for posting these (2) eye-opening ways to eliminate potential threats. Cheap insurance in my opinion!!

It is hard to fathom how this could happen, period much less at a show! And I doubt very seriously that it occurred then! So hopefully everyone can agree that was not the cause.

I have a feeling a bunch of valve covers will be welded up with an fittings and catch cans in place though, nonetheless. It truly is awe inspiring to see everyone rally around Jerryl as he truly is one of the nicest guys on the board.

I also agree that Jerryl will incur some out of pocket expense here (no matter what the outcome with his insurance)! Because his motor has been heavily invested in. Having said that, i (for one) would gladly contribute to a go fund me account or the like? Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here, however, if it can't hurt to be prepared.

This is a very unfortunate event whose true origin we may never know. However, it sure makes me view events differently from now. In that, I left my hood up all day at power tour (while I walked all around) and never thought anything about it. Never again though!!

What a community this is folks!! Just glad to be a part of something that works to help its members like this!! Thanks JamCar223 you are a good dude!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. . .
I have a feeling a bunch of valve covers will be welded up with an fittings and catch cans in place though, nonetheless. . . . .
Welded, stay WITH the car, or hood shut, period.

Tested on a sample part to determine effectiveness to remove / dissolve:

Kerosine; Not effective
Denatured; Not effective
Brake clean: Not effective
Hot water ~ 175F with dish soap: very effective.

This post a sharing of my feelings with the overwhelming support from friends and distant family here on the board:

Message to whoever has done this and whether you really know me or not:

While I am disspointed in the cowardly act, you haven't come close to breaking me or my spirit. I know you thought you could by the action, but you failed. You haven't seen the last of this car which WILL be back, stronger than before! . . . With a closed hood. Lmao.

This is why if my hood is up at a show, I am there, if I go to walk around the hood stays shut.... period. I have always been that way -probably because I am always skeptical and paranoid but hell, it's gotten me this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm up in the Dallas area and was thinking about going to that show, but ended up not having time. So sorry to hear that this happened to Jerryl. Like others have mentioned I'm up for helping any way I can and am very interested in the outcome of this.

I agree with some other comments made that when I do go to shows, my hood is only up if I'm there talking to someone about the car, and then it's closed again as soon as the conversation is over. These cars do draw a lot of attention, and sadly there are a lot of people who are either whacked out or just plain jealous/evil out there.

Just another good reason for us Turbo Buick guys to stick together even more than we already do and be more vigilant than ever to protect our cars.

seeing a lot of talk about welding the covers, so I figured I'd share this from cottons http://www.cottonsperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ENG121&cat=113 might be an easier way of accomplishing the same goal

That does you no good. Just pull it out like you do a breather. This at least would require tools. But you would need to make sure it doesnt interfere with rockers

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performa...qjep5UDdIgY7Qv-_mkcC_0J_DgCclWhEegRoC_THw_wcB

Wow , just saw this posting. I have to agree that this did not happen at the show. There were just way too many people there for this to go un noticed. I had a car there also felt my car was safe at all times . I hope you get some answers Jerryl!! If you need help let us know

Wow, what a lowlife scumbag. Hope you find the piece of trash who did this. Were there any security cameras around at the event? maybe someone has some videos or pics on their phone of your car with somebody under the hood??

JerryL, I hope you filed a police report or at least spoke with the police as they would have knowledge of any other similar acts of vandalism being committed in that area or help you ask the right questions. Definitely a cowardly move by some lowlife. Hope you get some resolution out of this.