Who did I piss off?

So last week we had the Houston show.
Drove the car to the show shut it off. All was good. Idle was fine when shutting it off. Walked around for a bit and when it was time to leave, immediately on staortup had a serious rattle on the PS. Towed the car home.

Dropped the oil pan to change gasket and found this in the bottom of the pan.
Is soft and granular and the pieces in the oil are gooye. I think I know what it is . .
Any idea what th is can be?
I'm sitting at the kitchen table on my laptop. I'm stunned.

I just can't come to grips that some sorry a $$ person would have that big of Kahunas to do that in public. If Karma doesn't prevail, that sorry SOB needs a down to heart Texas A$$ WHOOPING !! Man my heart really go's out to you. Keep us updated on this, im sure every member that reads this thread just gets frustrated. We have a lot of members reach out to us if you need help. $

As Pronto mentioned this happened to another member here a couple years ago, pretty sure his insurance covered if I remember right, maybe he'll see this and offer some advice @Undercover87T

As others have said it's easy to see that your a nice guy by the way you treat everyone one here. This kind of stuff makes my blood boil!
In life I make every attempt to avoid conflict and be courteous to everyone, but this is just the sort of thing that would take me from 0 to 100 in a second.

I'd keep that stuff and make the POS eat it some day!

Sorry man. People are assholes.
134b2d53e7911c017aa1e8549e8ebec9.jpg

That really sucks. I would make sure the people who put on the show know about it too. They might have had something reported to them about suspicious activity or have had something in the past like this happen etc.

Jerryl all I can say is WOW! My car was right next to yours. I would never suspect someone with big enough balls to pull that off but it makes me have to use more caution. Normally when I park like that I literally walk away from my car and may not see it for an hour or so. There were so many people streaming through. Call Ottos tomorrow and see if that part is video'd. Also, who the fuc carries around sugar. It's really creepy.

Last edited:
That really sucks. I would make sure the people who put on the show know about it too. They might have had something reported to them about suspicious activity or have had something in the past like this happen etc.

I'm with the GNMan - Organizers might be able to help find this needle dick bug fugger. Damn cowardly pea brain.

Sorry to hear about this. How about sponsor's event insurance? Police report? There may be other incidents.

DAAYMmm!

My $.02.
This didn't happen at the show. Starting the engine, would not have allowed time for the stuff to circulate, and knock out the bearings, etc. This was done elsewhere.

DAMN SHAME!:mad:

Sorry to hear. Had my gas tank in my GN watered a few years back. It's a flat out cowardly act. Hope you catch the SOB.

My $.02.
This didn't happen at the show. Starting the engine, would not have allowed time for the stuff to circulate, and knock out the bearings, etc. This was done elsewhere.

I am no expert on our cars, however, I do know others. And I'm in total agreement with Mr. Leeper here! In that, this couldn't have happened in a few seconds run time. As there is just too much sugar in your filter for that to be true. Which is also why I say, if you don't have any luck with your car's insurer then call your home owners company? Because they should cover this for you.

Crying Shame though man it really is. And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Sorry u r having to deal with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was done prior to the show lucky you made it there but eitherway it would have cost you that ride and that damage..maybe someone closer to home did it .and there probably asking you hey man what happened.playing stupid .

I am no expert on our cars, however, I do know others. And I'm in total agreement with Mr. Leeper here! In that, this couldn't have happened in a few seconds run time. As there is just too much sugar in your filter for that to be true. Which is also why I say, if you don't have any luck with your car's insurer then call your home owners company? Because they should cover this for you.

Crying Shame though man it really is. And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Sorry u r having to deal with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct sir. Jerryl is the kind of guy anyone would like. He's very technical and has given me excellent advice in the past.

My $.02.

Jerryl, it's time to start backtracking where this could've taken place since Chuck does make sense. Whos had access to your car?

You are correct sir. Jerryl is the kind of guy anyone would like. He's very technical and has given me excellent advice in the past.

That's what is so infuriating about this is the fact that it is Jerryl! He's one of the nicest dudes on the board and he goes out of his way to help others! He's spent hours giving me advice and has taken me under his wing. And without him I would be so frustrated by now until I wouldn't know what to do.

This has to be overwhelming I'm sure, not too even mention the financial aspect of it all! So once he figures out his insurance situation then perhaps we can all find a way to help him. In that, a little help here or there from all of the folks on here could go a long way towards mending his woes!

Terrible deal her no matter what!

Facts: I have put an estimated 150 miles on the car last year. The car is either at home, in secure storage, or at Ottos. Only other place the car has been is the dyno. Not going to share much more about this publicly right now.

Since this is engine tech, I want to share tech observations:
-When the noise initially appeared, it sounded like valve train noise on the PS. Oil pressure was 60 psi. Towed it home.
-The valve covers were pulled on both sides, as originally I thought it was a defective valve train component.
-Top end was clean and mechanically looked good. No residue or caking on top end.
-Spun the engine a few times with the starter to check lifter/spring (roller cam/ rockers) movement, and it looked sounded ok.
-Spinning the JB turbo by hand, it felt frozen initially but seem to loosen up after the first try.
-Oil pickup screen had some minor residue. Brake clean doesn't dissolve sugar aparently, but flushed it the best I could. The upper part of the pickup was very sticky though. Had to wipe it off to remove it.

I owe it to myself to keep moving forward as standing still won't resolve anything.

Actions:
-According to the internet, sugar does not dissolve in oil, diesel, kerosine or alcohol. *I will be testing and confirming all of this and more.*
-I need to build something to flush the engine and will need to determine the media, and quantity.
-Going to remove the oil pump to inspect.
-Also going to check fuel tank, filter and transmission.
-Going to scope the lifter valley and a few cylinders.
-Probably need to pull a main/rod cap which scares me as i don't know the torque values and don't have a calibrated wrench for the main studs. (Billet main/studs, stock rod/bolts)

Appreciate all the support with this sweetened engine.

After some quick skimming of the internet, there seems to no good solution to the sugar in oil criminal act. Unfortunately it looks like a removal and full disassembly is going to be needed to get all the goo and varnish out. Sorry this happened to you. If you need something let me know, I might have or know someone that has parts.