Which Spark Plugs?

KEVINS

Surprisingly there was little information coming up with the search function in this forum.
What plugs are you using for higher boost levels (28-30psi) and alchy with the stock heads?

I'd prefer a non-extended tip.

tia
ks

I ran extended tip cr42ts forever in iron heads. One set was in my car for 2.5years before I replaced them and most of the time it was over 500whp.

there are some helpful charts over on sparkplugs.com in the 411 / tech area. Once you have the charts you can shop based on threads / seat type / reach / heat range / projected vs. non projected / brand etc...

I ran extended tip cr42ts forever in iron heads. One set was in my car for 2.5years before I replaced them and most of the time it was over 500whp.
So, what's your opinion on using extended plugs vs non-extended on my application?
I'm used to N2O motors where non-extended was the only way to go to keep the tips from melting and the ceramics from cracking. It also keeps the ceramic protected from any detonation and helps keep the electrode out of the heart of the chamber.
Is this thought not that important on this type of combo?

Edumacate me on what you feel about spark plugs on my combo;)

ks

KEVINS said:
So, what's your opinion on using extended plugs vs non-extended on my application?
I'm used to N2O motors where non-extended was the only way to go to keep the tips from melting and the ceramics from cracking. It also keeps the ceramic protected from any detonation and helps keep the electrode out of the heart of the chamber.
Is this thought not that important on this type of combo?

Edumacate me on what you feel about spark plugs on my combo;)

ks

I always ran extended tip plugs. Not because they are better but because they are easy to locate and i never had a problem with them. Even on my black car that has about 800hp. There may be some advantage to non extended but they won't correct a lean cylinder or a detonation problem. If it's melting plugs it's about 2 seconds from melting pistons.

Kevin, you would be wise to use the safer spark plug design. You say you've used nitrous before, then you know what the safer design is.

Kevin, you would be wise to use the safer spark plug design. You say you've used nitrous before, then you know what the safer design is.
Yea, I'm going to hit the parts stores this weekend and see what I can find..;)

ks