Wheres the low #'s?

Mystic

hey guys i am new to the site but love reading the storys in this forum ... always been in love with GN's since my cousin bought his 86 brand new back in the day and taking me for rides in it, then got stolen 3 times and recovred everytime

my question is where are the low # ones like 1-10 ?? are they out in public somewhere ? i know on my mustang cobra there are 2000 made in my color option and only #2 is in the publics hands ..love to hear the storys on this one

#007 was in the New York Press Pool and was used by various car magazines and newspapers on the east coast for their evaluation. When I first saw it in '87 it had Michigan manufacturer's plates on it.

That car was then sold to the public and driven around New York/New England for many years.

#001 is in Buicks private collection and makes an appearance at a show here and there. Supossedly 002 is also in the private buick collection, but if this is true I am not sure its just what Ive always heard. The first GNX's up to #010 went to high ranking Buick and ASC officials and were not available to the public, but since then most have been sold into the public market.

I just checked my notes on some low number cars.

001 is in the Sloan Museum and is owned by the Buick Motor Division
002 is in Indiana
003 used to be in Ohio before it was sold

006 is in Ohio
007 is still in NYC

009 was in Michigan in 1990 when it was for sale for $60K
010 is in Oklahoma

Due to alot of these cars changing hands in the last few years, the above info may differ.

i kind of figured over the years some have gotten into the public or collectors hands...

trognman, thats some good info there wonder where 4,5, 8 are?

and that #2 car must be worth something big i would think

GNX 005 sold on ebay last year. It was from the largest BUICK dealer in the country. In Long Beach California. It had about 500 miles. A person bought it, drove it 300 miles, and sold it for a cool $20,000 profit. Great buy as he paid just over 40 grand.
No, it was 2yrs ago. I remember because I was having a NOS GNX dash installed into my mint GN. (thanks, GNX Guy) The GNX 005 was originally owned by the owner of the Buick dealership, which is why he had the low #
Personally, if I ever get a GNX ...I'll never sell it.

GNX 009 is here in Collierville, TN, a suburb of Memphis. I looked at it in the owner's driveway back in '03 and it had 30,500 miles at the time.

Really GNX #5 was bought 4 years ago by a good friend of mine here in WA. state. It was purchased from Lew Webb who is one of the biggest GM dealers in the US. It had 435 miles on it and I was driving it when it turned 500 miles. Brian (my freind) did sell it about 3 years ago and it went back to CA. I here from the person that bought it 2 or 3 times a year. Actually it had one of the WORST !!! paint jobs on it I've ever seen on these cars and I've seen my share.:eek: :redface:

I just checked my notes on some low number cars.

001 is in the Sloan Museum and is owned by the Buick Motor Division
002 is in Indiana
003 used to be in Ohio before it was sold

006 is in Ohio
007 is still in NYC

009 was in Michigan in 1990 when it was for sale for $60K
010 is in Oklahoma

Due to alot of these cars changing hands in the last few years, the above info may differ.

Do you know what city/town 010 is in Oklahoma?

According to my 1996 **** member roster #010 was in Tulsa.

Alot could have happened in 10 years time.

What a small world, that is where I am located. The owner must be a collector and not an active participant with our club or as you mentioned may no longer own the vehicle.
Thanks for the feedback.