where to buy ac compressor?

N2ORBT

Wassup, my moms celica ac compressor froze. The dealer's price is a joke $1,000!!! Anyone know where I can find a parts store in hawaii that's cheaper or an online store. Preferably a new one not rebuilt unit. thanks Joe

Hey jackson, it's a 1990 ST auto. I think it's a 1.6 engine not sure. All I know it's the lowest grade engine you can have. Know any friends at Toy?

I'll check tomorrow and its probally be a aftermarket replacement or a referbish compressor. Do you know someone that can fix the A/C for you? Because there is more to it then just replacing the compressor.

Yes I have a someone to do the work. Thanks for the help. ps. wheres the bmw in your signature:D ;)

Joe.......

Got it priced around mid $400's and its a rebuilt Delco, my friend at Redline is going to check 4 seasons (little cheaper) durring the weekday. It will be better off changing the dryer also at the same time.

Hey thanks a bunch. BTW, when you changed your compressor in your camaro, was it rebuilt? If it was, had any problems with it. Also when you say Delco, you mean AC Delco? Sorry for all the questions. :)

The compressor in my Camaro is new because GM a/c compressor are cheap. I replace my other Buick's before (silver and blue one) with 4 seasons rebuilt a/c compressor and it never gave me a problem yet.