Where can I find an ignition source for a second fuel pump?

The Granny

I'm wiring up a second 255lph walbro external fuel pump on my car. I've got the first wired up and functioning fine. I've got the power and ground wires ran and connected for the second pump, just need to find an ignition source to complete it. I've got an xfi system on the car, is there anywhere in there I could tap into? or maybe the fuse box? here's the wiring diagram that came with the kit. only difference between how I'm doing it and how they recommended is how the relay is grounded (to the xfi box)

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/500/555/555-10566.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the XFI box is activating the relay to turn the fuel pump on, you could connect the fuel pump/ relay feed wire (larger red wire) to the ALT through a circuit breaker as instructed (similar to a "hotwire" set up).
If you want to ensure pump is off, feed the relay (smaller yellow wire) from an "ign" terminal in the fuse box under the dash and trigger the relay by grounding through the XFI box. This way the relay only has power when the ignition is on.

Maybe this is what you are doing and all I needed to say is: there are extra slots in the fuse box labeled "ign".
An inline fuse is needed as the spare "ign" terminals are NOT fused.

If the XFI box is activating the relay to turn the fuel pump on, you could connect the fuel pump/ relay feed wire (larger red wire) to the ALT through a circuit breaker as instructed (similar to a "hotwire" set up).
If you want to ensure pump is off, feed the relay (smaller yellow wire) from an "ign" terminal in the fuse box under the dash and trigger the relay by grounding through the XFI box. This way the relay only has power when the ignition is on.

Maybe this is what you are doing and all I needed to say is: there are extra slots in the fuse box labeled "ign".
An inline fuse is needed as the spare "ign" terminals are NOT fused.

The xfi box will activate a ground to the relay once I hit a certain amount of boost. I've got the 10 gauge red wire ran from the battery to a breaker to the relay. So we're on the same page on that

I understand what you're saying, I can pull that ignition reference through the fuse panel but I have to use an inline fuse. Just like the alkycontrol kit is wired up. I guess the same size fuse would be ok? I'll have to check but I believe it's a 15 amp fuse that's used in Julio's kit.

Thank you for helping me out by the way

You're welcome.
I think most of those relays (4 and 5 pin 30 amp square style) draw 1/2 amp or less. I would think a 5 amp fuse would be plenty.

If you know the XFI box will leave the ground deactivated (or open) when the key is off, you could run a jumper wire from the 10ga red wire terminal on the relay (the one that goes to the breaker, not the pump) to the yellow wire terminal on the relay and run everything off the battery to make for easier wiring if that makes sence.

You're welcome.
I think most of those relays (4 and 5 pin 30 amp square style) draw 1/2 amp or less. I would think a 5 amp fuse would be plenty.

If you know the XFI box will leave the ground deactivated (or open) when the key is off, you could run a jumper wire from the 10ga red wire terminal on the relay (the one that goes to the breaker, not the pump) to the yellow wire terminal on the relay and run everything off the battery to make for easier wiring if that makes sence.

I think I might call just jegs tomorrow to make sure I use the right fuse. I've already got all of the wires ran except for the ignition wire so I'll just keep it simple and just keep it like I've got it. I appreciate it again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk