Wheel spacers

eagleguy

As predicted my 235/60 15 tires on GNX rims rub on the inside on really tight turns. I was thinking a set of solid spacers might solve the problem but not sure how thick I need to go. Any opinions? I would put a set front and rear to keep things balanced.

Spacers are a band-aid. If the rears don't rub I would not run them just because you have them in the front.

As predicted my 235/60 15 tires on GNX rims rub on the inside on really tight turns. I was thinking a set of solid spacers might solve the problem but not sure how thick I need to go. Any opinions? I would put a set front and rear to keep things balanced.
You don't need to run 4 spacers to keep the car in balance.put a small 1/4 inch spacer to take the rub out problem solved.i have run spacers for 20+years on these cars no issues.

Seems like spacers got a bad rap because people parrot what they heard someone sometime parrot from another person, but I've never actually heard anyone have something bad happen to them or anyone they know running them. I would be curious if the few cases that had issues with spacers is proportionally any worse than issues people have had without spacers.

I've ran the 1/4 spacers in the rear in the past when the 275 DRs rubbed... no big deal never had an issue with them. I don't use them now simply because I don't need them running a different size tire and rim. They are hanging in the garage.

But Robertf is right make sure your studs are long enough with the spacers.

I like my tires to fit tight. And sometimes, you figure it that way but these cars aren't symmetrical, and their not all the same. Nothing wrong with spacers. Run one if you only need one. I do.

That doesn't mean you should order rims that are way outside what's possible either. Just don't kill yourself trying to figure for a quarter inch.

Like it was already said, make sure your studs are long enough.

Last edited: