Wheel cylinders for rear, Choices?

Gnx6

I need to replace the rear wheel cyls on my Buick. I remember seeing some stuff flying around about using S10 wheel cyls a while back? What was the deal with those? Is there any that are better than the other as far as internaly sized go?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Gnx6
I need to replace the rear wheel cyls on my Buick. I remember seeing some stuff flying around about using S10 wheel cyls a while back? What was the deal with those? Is there any that are better than the other as far as internaly sized go?

Thanks!

They have a larger bore and will exert more pressure. Very useful if you have a hard time holding boost at the line.

Not really any advantage beyond that. For everyday driving, they could be a hinderance, or even dangerous. They'll force the rears to lock up sooner than normal, and in a panic stop could cause a spin at the exact wrong time.

I'm using Porterfield R4S pads and shoes as per a lot of people on here. It may be bad if they have a lot of bite already and then with the wheel cyls having a bit more punch! Perhaps I will stick with the stockers. :)