Whats the value, GNX

cbszr1

I purchased GNX 107 for 30K , the car has 177k miles and some lower panel rust which will require body work.

The car is excellent mechanically, and is real numbers matching GNX.

I am debating to do a total restoration. Before I start down that road, is a GNX with those high miles value, worth restoring. Or just drive to the wheels fall off.

What value would place on the car, it as all orginal equipment, except the exhaust.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated

Once a car is restored the only thing that matters is the quality of the resto. In the future there will be 2 kinds of GNX, original hermetically sealed ones, and restored. Parts for these cars are getting scarce so you should pick up what you can, when you can. Drive the wheels off while collecting what it takes to fix it up.

Does anybody look at the odometer when buying a Hemi cuda or ZL1 camaro?

It dont matter if it has 177k or 7k,Its a GNX.Take care of the body work,paint and leave it as original as possible.Enjoy it!!

Restore it, done RIGHT miles wont be that big of a deal. However driving it and grandma jones bust you in the side and twist the frame.........well no more GNX!

Restore it, done RIGHT miles wont be that big of a deal. However driving it and grandma jones bust you in the side and twist the frame.........well no more GNX!

Yeah, but in that case you just get another Regal frame, switch the VINs, transfer your parts over and... Voila! Just like 298! :biggrin:

Seriously, good luck! As was said before, buy what you can now with your price savings (sheet metal to replace rusted panels) so at least you'll have what you need when the time comes to redo the car.

Maybe switch out the original turbocharger for standard one (assuming it's original). Feel under the left front cover bolt (pass side, while you face the engine bay). Underneath you should feel a small protrusion in the turbo case with a round inset cap on the bottom. That's the trap for the GNX turbo.

For now, drive and enjoy but make sure you get collector car insurance without mileage restrictions.

D