What size throttle bodys are the stage guys running?

The only way a turbo car will pick up 30hp from a TB swap is if the TB was originally undersized.

The main point I'm trying to make here is, you'll never know if the TB and tubing sizes are undersized if you don't bother to do the math.

Why would you do so much research to make sure you have the killer intercooler, just to be forced to run a higher boost and unnecessarily heat the intake air further to flow the target cfm because your tubing is too small. That to me doesn't make any sense.

I thought we were talking TB's here;)

Charge tubing sizing is the first thing to look at when building the cold side of the system.

I see we both agree;) Charge tubing should be the primary item when building a turbo system. I then size the TB accordingly. No need for a 90mm TB with 3 inch tubing.

80mm proven to 8.40's at 3400# 1300+ hp (1300+hp)
90mm proven to low 7's at 200 mph at 3400# (2000+hp)
105mm proven to mid 6's at 230mph at 3000# (3000+hp)

I thought we were talking TB's here;)

Charge tubing sizing is the first thing to look at when building the cold side of the system.

I see we both agree;) Charge tubing should be the primary item when building a turbo system. I then size the TB accordingly. No need for a 90mm TB with 3 inch tubing.

Your right Dusty. As far as sizing goes, I consider anything from the turbo to the plenum as one tube. When the TB is WOT, all it ends up being is part of the tube.

You can't be hurt too much if the tubing is a little too big. Too small is a different story.

Be sure and do the math for yourself.

Your right Dusty. As far as sizing goes, I consider anything from the turbo to the plenum as one tube. When the TB is WOT, all it ends up being is part of the tube.

You can't be hurt too much if the tubing is a little too big. Too small is a different story.

Be sure and do the math for yourself.

Working in my field has made me look at many things from different directions. I work with line sizing, flow directions, heat exchange and the effects of pressure drop and back pressure. Things like that come in very handy when applying it to the race cars.