What size of injectors for E85

Kendall1214

im planning o. Going e85 my friends finally convinced me to go! I'm wanting to go mid nines how big of injectors do I need I've had bob bailey modify the ecm with peak and hold drivers! I was planning on getting Eriks 120s and chip combo but he's said they would be maxed in the high nines. So do I just get them, And live with it? was planning on the Arizona gn dual 300lph pump and to upgrade supply and return lines! Any info would be greatly appricated! And can the alky injection system add fuel safely to get to my goal! Either way I guess high nines is ok

If you're going with Nick's pump set up, why don't you ask him about injectors?

He has a ton of experience with e85 (54).

Mid 9s, 160s.

Why not listen to Eric as he is right you will run out at high 9s on 120s.

And having the mindset of using alky to help supply fuel to a system on its edge is going to cost you Big time. Alky is a cooling and knock suppression device imop not a crutch for a inadequate fuel system

Also you'll be happy with Nicks pump setup. It's what I have

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You went high 9s on 83s with e85?

I would get 160s and not think twice about it.

Are you running a stock fuel tank, or a fuel cell?

I believe the largest in-tank setup is the dual 340's. If you end up running out of pump on those, you can always use something like a Kinsler Boost-A-Pump and increase the voltage to 16v.

The flow numbers around 75/80 psi change drastically from 14v to 16v. I believe 14v was somewhere around 550lph, and 16v was around 720lph?

Make sure to run -8 feed and -6 return, and that your fuel pressure regulator's return orifice is large enough to not cause any sort of restriction in flow with your new fuel system.

Just get 160s unlike my dumb ass that has bought every dam size injector all the way up to 160s . Buy them once I have no problems driving on the street at all fyi

What kinda tune do y'all have with 160s and where would you find these at? I'll have to find nicks number! Does any of you have it? Are you running stock modded ecm?!

I would get 160s and not think twice about it.

Are you running a stock fuel tank, or a fuel cell?

I believe the largest in-tank setup is the dual 340's. If you end up running out of pump on those, you can always use something like a Kinsler Boost-A-Pump and increase the voltage to 16v.

The flow numbers around 75/80 psi change drastically from 14v to 16v. I believe 14v was somewhere around 550lph, and 16v was around 720lph?

Make sure to run -8 feed and -6 return, and that your fuel pressure regulator's return orifice is large enough to not cause any sort of restriction in flow with your new fuel system.
Stock fuel lank he's got the dual 300 lph pumps would they not be enough?

What kinda tune do y'all have with 160s and where would you find these at? I'll have to find nicks number! Does any of you have it? Are you running stock modded ecm?!

I will be running a modded stock ECM. I have a build thread in this same E85 section if you want any further info on my whole setup, but basically I'll be running a modded ECM with 160lbers, a Gen 2 translator, and a chip from Erik at TurboTweak.

You can find 160s from most vendors. Personally I get all my fuel injection parts from Kinsler Fuel Injection, as they are real familiar with methanol and E85 products....plus everyone that works there is like an insane fountain of knowledge! Justin at Kinsler is seriously the man when it comes to any fuel questions I have.

Stock fuel lank he's got the dual 300 lph pumps would they not be enough?

Dual 300lph's should be good for over 700whp on E85, if I remember correctly. Again, you always have the option to run the pumps at 16v for increased flow. I recommend Kinsler Fuel Injection's Boost-A-Pump over a regular volt-booster.

What HP are you trying to achieve?

Nick's info is in the vendor section here.

Running injectors static is brave regardless

Running injectors static is brave regardless

I have been running mine static for 6 years and over 20,000 miles with methanol adding supplement fuel.as long as pumps and volts are good nothing has broke or melted:)

I like to size injectors for the 85% DC range for the expected max RPM and AFR. Sometimes RPM goes past that a bit and a little extra DC may be helpful.