What size drag tires fit?

cold85

I went to the drag strip for the first time this weekend. I was running nitto drag radials. They are okay but I need more traction. I have a set of 15 inch wheels from another car. I want to put a pair of slicks on them but do not know what the best size would be.

depends on speed really but i put some 28 by 9 m/t slicks on mine once with no fenderwhell mods at all and they fit really nice.

anything wider than that will require some work to get them in.

15" wheels from another car, eh? Do you know the width on them? Stock GN wheels are 7" wide, and the "baby mickeys" work well on them. They're 26" x 8.5". If you're running north of about 110 mph, then go with what RED suggests. A taller tire will keep you in 3rd gear through the traps, and get you a better ET.

in my buddy's car around 114 he went with 27/10.50/15 hoosier quick time pros and they worked real nice.

kinda inbetween height and they're street legal incase you need to drive em to or from the track.

his car runs 1.60 60 fts on them with stock motor and stock converter.

What are your 60ft times with the Nitto DR's?

What air pressure did you have in them?

I run 17-18psi pressure and do a healthy burnout until the smoke billows out the wheelwells. Brand new I achieved 1.78 60ft times and when worn in about 5K miles I was getting 1.71's. I ran 11.76@115mph with a 1.71 60ft on 245/50/16 Nitto DR's. They work well as a street strip tire IMO. A slick should enable you to be more consistent that is for sure and lower your 60fts a tenth or two.

If you aren't getting in the 1.80's then you need to go out and practice more with the above mentioned guidelines.

GNX7

I ran a 2.02 60 foot on one run the rest of the runs i just somked the tires. I did a long burn out. With 20lbs air pressure. I could hook up in 1st okay because i only left at 5lbs boost, but when i hit 2nd at 19lb boost it blew the tires away.