What happened 2 the Michigan TB club?

Turbo6Smackdown

I checked their site and it hasn't been updated since 2010, and I see there's still no president. Wow. Has our interest in these cars waned that much? At least in Michigan. Noone wants to head up this club/website any longer? I thought it was a nice option.

Unfortunately, participation in club events started getting weaker and weaker when the economy started to take a dump. As hard as I and the other officers tried, personal issues and competing priorities kept members from participating and running for officer positions. You know things are bad when you can't get a single person to run for president. After several years of this, it was (sadly) decided to disband the club earlier this year.

Some of the former members still organize the Woodward Dream Cruise event (always held the Wednesday evening before the cruise at the Moose Preserve), and many people from the surrounding area attend. There are usually 40 or more Turbo Buick's there, so it's definitely worth seeing if you've never been there.

There were lots of great guys and gals in the club, and I honestly miss it. With the economy and other problems, life just got in the way for many of the key members of the club. There are still many people interested in these cars, but it's hard to find people who have the time and energy to go the extra mile to run the club.

I see. And what happened to your GN?

As for me, I was the last elected President, I think my term ended in about 2007. I ended up moving back to Chicago in 2010 and sold my car last fall.

Hopefully MI people will take Mike up on his offer to do get togethers.

Turns out I'm going to be in MI on Aug. 13, so I'm going to try to make the Woodward gathering at Moose Preserve. Hopefully some of the old club members will be there.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sweet. To both posts. Yea, lets try and get something together a little more formal. Maybe a once a month Buick meet where we go out and eat somewhere and watch some cars. Maybe cruise as well.

Thanks for the info... for some reason, Metro Detroiters seem unwilling to get together for the most part. I just moved home from So. Cal. where car shows are so sparse, the SW section on this board has its own get togethers frequently. I have posted every get together around, but get little feedback on here. We see some TRs here and there at the local events, but no organized attempt to get together. So I can see how the club ended up in that situation. Glad there is still a decent turn out at the Moose, and thanks to Full Throttle for there open house this year and for them being one of the last to attempt to get those home bound Buick guys out there ! See you at the Moose..... We'll also be at the Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise tomorrow and that one actually gets a number of TRs together.. if you're on Gratiot, I'm sure you'll find us :)

http://ctgratiotcruise.com/

Last edited:
Ironically, I'm going to be in MI that week for work meetings. If I can break away on Wednesday night, I'm hoping to get up to Moose Preserve for the TB gathering. Maybe somebody will give me a ride.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the info... for some reason, Metro Detroiters seem unwilling to get together for the most part. I just moved home from So. Cal. where car shows are so sparse, the SW section on this board has its own get togethers frequently. I have posted every get together around, but get little feedback on here. We see some TRs here and there at the local events, but no organized attempt to get together. So I can see how the club ended up in that situation. Glad there is still a decent turn out at the Moose, and thanks to Full Throttle for there open house this year and for them being one of the last to attempt to get those home bound Buick guys out there ! See you at the Moose..... We'll also be at the Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise tomorrow and that one actually gets a number of TRs together.. if you're on Gratiot, I'm sure you'll find us :)

http://ctgratiotcruise.com/

Not if it rains you won't be lol. I hate Michigan.