What exactly does the gain setting do on the Profec controller? Faster duty cycle?

neat

I am looking into buying a Profec B Spec 2 controller.

I understand that there is a percentage based 'set mode' for max boost.

I also understand that there 'start boost' mode that will start to open the waste gate below max boost. For example, I could see a max of 18 PSI, but start to open the gate at 15 PSI to avoid a boost spike.

What I don't understand is the 'gain' setting. I've read on here that it adjusts the sensitivity of the solenoid. How does it do that? Does it increase the duty cycle of the solenoid? If the noid pulsed faster or slower based on the gain setting, that would allow me to understand how it works. What exactly does the gain setting do?

Also, according to the instructions, it looks like the controllers solenoid completely interrupts the vac/boost line to the actuator. Then, by pulsing the solenoid open and closed at XXX rate, it allows boost to hit the actuator in a controlled manner, in turn controlling the boost level. Similiar to the simple ball and spring style manual controllers, but in a controlled, electronic form.

However, on here I've seen several references to the controller being a bleed style controller. To me, that would mean that it simply bleeds off boost from the line to the actuator at XXX rate, not interrupting the line completely but still allowing boost control. Is that correct?

My stock waste gate spring is old, and quite tired. So tired that it starts to open at only 5 PSI, and it will be fully open at about 12 PSI. How would that affect controller operation?

Thanks!