what do you guys think?

malibuick231

I have a 4l80e trans and the brake for will cost me about $1400. So I was thinking I could put a 150 shot on it and leave at a idle to try and shock the tires to get the 60ft down. I would turn it off with a hobbs switch at about 8 to 10 psi. Has anyone tried this or am I wasting my money.

dont bother, just get a decent stall, with your car you have plenty of tq to take care of the tires. shocking the tires wont gain you $1400 worth of ET IMHO
gary

I have a 3400 precision in it now.When it leaves it goes out about 40 or 50 ft then blows the tires off. It has a t6 1.32 housing on a s475 so its a little laggy. I think it needs some thing to plant the tires and keep them loaded.

I can't remember what tires your running. It could be several things though causing the wheelspin. The N20 may help get the weight on the rear and keep it there. It could be suspension related though. I'll send you a pm

yeah im running the same turbo so i know what your talking about, what type of shocks are you running and are they bleeding off too fast maybe? I know one of the magazines were testing something very similar and a couple of shock adjustments got it to stay planted.
Gary

I have new competion enginering 3 ways on the rear set on 50/50 and the same on the front set on 90/10. I have southside lowers and edelbrock adjustable uppers with air bags on both sides. Every thing is new accept the lower control arms. It does still have the stock sway bar on it and I called HR parts today and theirs will not be available for two or the more weeks.