what do i need to complete my turbo LS transplant

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
its snowing and I'm dreaming but i was wondering whats left to switch over to turbo ls. I have xfi double pumpers -8 feed -6 return external press regulator, rjc 315 fmic.. besides the motor trans i think only thing really left is wiring? not saying its easy,actually my biggest challenge. i would have to also remove ac. i know new drive shaft and trans x member. eliminating and rewiring tough? also would love to be able to connect to existing exhaust system. so some fab work is needed as well..

Hot, cold sides, engine mts.. I use the stock truck manifolds, flipped.
A/c can stay. Use a Dirty Dingo low mt for the Sanden HD7 compressor.
The original x member can be modded and used.
Mine is behind a 4L80E w/o problems.
Decent radiator, dual fans, trans cooler.
Exh could be used from the cat flange back. Mine is new. 4" dp, to strait thru truck muff, to in front of pass tire.

That's for starters..........

got trans with external cooler already w dual fans. what did you do for wiring?

I work at a specialty shop, {Hot Muscle Wiring}, that does custom wiring. I make what I need.
The mgmt system is Holley Dominator, so I used their un-terminated harnesses.
The dash is Autometer, so I wired it at work.
I stripped out all the unnecessary factory wiring from the fuse panel, and reused the original lighting harnesses.
We make a controller to handle the shift indicator. It combines the Dakota box, our box, and the oem PNP switch, VSS sensor on the trans. That does away w/ the funky cable box on the trans.

I also am using the truck manifold on the driver side and working on a homemade crossover and log on passenger side with wastegate on the crossover. Check out lt1swap.com and rewire the harness yourself and save some money. there's a ton of great info on a stand alone harness, pin outs, etc.. Not a bad job, you remove a lot of extra wires. I used the holley mounts. I had to relocate the coil bracket, it gouged the ac box a little. holley sells a 4l80 cross member and low pro oil pan. The truck pan hits the k member with holley mounts. I used a 4l60 harness, modified for the 80e. pcm out of a 2002 Silverado HD. Check out sloppymechanics website, he has hp tuners files you can download and compare to get you started with a base tune.

thx for the info ill look into that as well. i was thinking to keep whats not used there so i can always convert back.

similar to bigmandengo

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 194