What are the line pressures ?

michael evans

What do the numbers mean on the interior controller ? Does 1 mean 10 pounds ? 2 mean 20 pounds ?

Maybe not that easy.

In setting up my Powerloger there is a 0 to 140 pound scale already for alcohol injection.

alochol%20control_zpsblocfjjk.jpg

There is no UOM for the dial.
The number is directly related to the amount of alky injected. So at 7, it will spray more than 5.

If logging pressure with PL, you will need to input the number of the pressure transducer.
Typical pressure transducer for alky logging will be 200 psi, and voltage will vary in the 0-5V range. So in this example, min values will be 0, 0 and max value will be 200, 5

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I will take notes as to what I have. Just thought maybe the number might mean something more than the obvious.

Called and talked to Julio and learned a bunch about the Alky system.

First off there are many "depends" on the line pressure. It can be anywhere from 130 to 300 depending on jet size, amount of jets (single or duel), and if you have straight Methanol (like me) or mix it with water.
The "numbers" on the interior dial are progression rate to maximum pressure not total maximum like I thought.

After I get the engine back together and have the Data Logger rewired to monitor the Meth injection, I sure I will get a better grasp on it.

Called and talked to Julio and learned a bunch about the Alky system.

First off there are many "depends" on the line pressure. It can be anywhere from 130 to 300 depending on jet size, amount of jets (single or duel), and if you have straight Methanol (like me) or mix it with water.
The "numbers" on the interior dial are progression rate to maximum pressure not total maximum like I thought.

After I get the engine back together and have the Data Logger rewired to monitor the Meth injection, I sure I will get a better grasp on it.
And don't forget voltage changes the pressure as well;)