Well took a loss yesterday....first one on new setup

Great race!! Vid was ruined with the music though. I wanted to hear the cars. Lol. You'll def get that guy next time no doubt!!

Yeah the vid was done a little over the top....you can tell this dealer hasnt had any excitement in a while till I moved here as far as the racing goes....

The converter would help, but that's not what made you lose the race. He jumped you right from the dig. The saying goes as follows, " If you follow, you swallow ". If you reacted first, regardless of your lag, the race would have been the same with you being ahead a car with nothing else changed. 18 psi on street tires in 90 degree heat also didn't help either. If you want to really smash him, just add the alky kit on it and crank the boost to 22 to 24 psi...... game over

I can't ad anything to the race story, but i've enjoyed the read and the edit. I think the video was well done. We all know what traffic sounds like, revving engines, and people yaking in the background.
Loosing this one was the perfect setup for a much bigger win ! :)

Agree with "Ttypewhite".....you lost on the jump.....had you left with him it would have been very close.

No shame in loosing to that car at all those newer vettes are sick and we all know the potential of the LS engines....they are just bad ass!

More boost off the line some tires and cooler weather and you will leave him!

If you get a converter you better have tires....when the converter hits you will be pedaling and counter steering bad on a radial.....spinning aint winning!

Yeah I wish I could put up the last Mexico race I was in last weekend....3 wide on the interstate with a 2014 gt500 and a new ZL1 that dyno'd 586 to the tire through the auto with intake headers and lower pulley change...I had q16 in the tank on 24psi and pulled the ZL1 by a car and a half....even/behind the front bumper of the Shelby...from 10-120mph with 3 ppl in the car...

Unfortunately I live in mobile Alabama now so my vette rematch probably won't occur :(

I ran one of those pretty much same set up on the Vette.
Lost by about 2 in the 1/4 12.5@110 to his 12.35@118...
I beat him in the 1/8 mile fwiw though !
First race for me and it sucked to loose it ...

Last trip to the track there was a ZL1 there running with a temp tag in the window showing it was less than 2 weeks old. Trapping at 110....

Wasn't that impressed

Could have been the tires and traction on the ZL... I raced a CTVS a year back and he trapped about 115-116 same engine basically ... Could have done basic CAI and tuning though..
I know my stick shift TA (77 model) trapped 96-98 in the 1/8 on slicks best of 99 but on regular radials about 90-91 due to having to baby it off the line.
Hard to judge a cars potential sometimes from the sidelines when they are stick shift in particular ...

Great video, thanks for sharing!
Don't be too hard on yourself. Live and learn, know what combo works, then lay the smack down on unsuspecting victims. On a good note; at least you had fun, and having fun is half the battle with these cars weather you win or loose. I hope you meet up with that corvette again. ;)

If you had holeshoted him you would have prolly won, if you at least left with him it would have been a race of inches... Next time make like a rabbit and jump out the hole on his a$$ :cool: