We have been experiencing some difficulties with the turbo spoolig up...

t-type&Z06CRAZE

We got the car out from it being stored up for the winter, checked all the fluids and charged the battery up. Ready to go right? LOL - Well we started the little beast up and needless to say it was skipping running rough and smoking from all available holes possible.

We have sense - changed the spark plugs, reinstalling the hot plugs as we always do, chaged over the valve cover gaskets as they were leaking last year, visually inspected every thing else, all seems fine. She then is started up again, fired right up, no smoke at all and runs fairly smooth, has a slight skip or hesitation at idle...UNTIL.. you get out on the road with her. Once heated to neccessary temp, we then tested the turbo - keep in mind scantech - mass air flow is reading 240 - 250 0n cruise and turbo is reading 0.0, we begin to gain speed and try and build boost by going through the motions, NOT HAPPENING! While trying to build boost scan tech read - Mass airflow dropped to 119, 130, 140's - turbo still showing zero!

To troubleshoot the "no spool" we have:

•Removed inlet tube into the turbo to check turbine, moves fine with no wobble or no rubbing the housing - seems fine - CHECK!

•Checked the waste gate and bar for any movement or anything out of the ordinary - seems fine!

•Checked the Mass Air Flow Sensor - all wiring and connectors look fine, while car was running keep in mind oil pressure showed 65 at all times, normally it shows 40 until you get on it. We unplugged the mass air flow while the car was running, no change in the way it was running, except the oil pressure dropped down to normal(?), engine idled up breifly and then dropped back down, and the check engine light comes on! My thinking is....the MAF sensor is either contaminated and needs to be cleaned OR it is getting ready to go bad. When unplugged the scan tech readings didnt even change any.
Has anyone had these problems or have any other suggestions that we could test? We have not changed over the plug wires, they are rather old but seem fine to the eye, but those wires have been through about 7 racing seasons I know of.

Any suggestions would be GREAT!

Key on / key off as in a complete key engine on then off with ignition still on ?or Quick hits as one might do after you perform oil changes ?im gone go do it, lets see what that shows...

turn the ignition on and leave it on, but don't start the car. Post all the scanner readings. We'll start there.

Ok I went and did all this before I saw your post...

InitialStartupMAFpluggedin.jpg

This is initial start up MAF sensor plugged in

redo.jpg

This is initial start up MAF sensor plugged in after Idling for a few minutes...

OilPSIreadingatStartupMAFon.jpg

Oil PSI @ Idle MAF plugged in...

Battery-ALtreadingMAFin-Startup.jpg

Batt / Alt. reading @ Idle MAF plugged in...

Engoffignitionon.jpg

MAF reading Eng. Off Ignition on (not really much to analyze here)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

MAFunpluggedatrightoffthebat.jpg

MAF reading immediately once unplugged / eng. running

MAFUnpluggedengrunning.jpg

MAF Unplugged Eng. Running after a few minutes of it idling

OIlPSIreadingMAFunplugged.jpg

Oil PSI MAF Unplugged Eng. running @ idle

Engine running...

Upon cranking at first AF read 178, 119, 130 then fluctuated between 99, 96, 98, back to 99 and stayed there...MAF plugged in
AFunplugged.jpg

MAF unplugged it stayed 99, 98
AFplugged.jpg

Problem! What is the reading with MAF plugged in, ignition on, and engine not running?

With the Engine off ignition on and MAF plugged in and unplugged...The reading is 140 for both settings.

Sorry bout the pic being upside down...

EngOffpluggedinandunplugged.jpg

I know the reading plugged up is wrong. I dont have a car here to see what the reading does when you unplug the sensor though. So until you can put a known good sensor in, I would check for the moisture or corrosion from storage at the ECM.

Well I think that the maf is to show at least 285 at all times ... It def. Isnt doing that. Then I took the maf off and cleaned it between posting the pics up for ya and found one of the terminals inside the maf on the connector side is corroded. we are going to try and see if a buddy of ours that has grand national will let us connect his maf up to tell for sure. If the eng. Light was on ide say maf was the prob. But its not.

Then I have a few suggesting waste gate concerns.

I know one thing, im gone figure this out!

I will post my finding.

Thanks for your suggestions and insight, we will be back with info hopefully soon. If you you think of somethimg or come across any info. Please post! Thanks again!