Wastegate Question

No Quarter

This question is in regards to a single turbo set up on a 32v ford cobra motor. The question is basic in nature however.

I;m having a great deal of trouble programming my ApeXi AVCR controller. For the time being I am allowing the wastegates .5 bar spring to control boost. Which it does at or around 5-7 psi. The wastegate is a 48mm TIAL Sport.

Is it possible the wastegate and its path are too small for the T76? When bringing the revs up the car performs and feels very good between 2000 and 4500 rpm (where its boost is solid around 5 but creeping in the higher revs).

Is it possible for the turbo to be operating as a restriction in the system? The car feels horrible over 4500 rpm as if its choked off and struggling.

Any thoughts?

here is my thoughts on this matter KC, sell that money pit you call a stang and get a GN. you will be much happier.

i know you wanna :D

How high do you have the feedback set? I noticed on a friends 240sx that it liked the higher feedback, like around 90%.

You might be running into boost creep with that wastegate, but try turning up the feedback and seeing if that works.

I just noticed that you wrote 48mm wastegate. I thought that the largest was a 44mm that they sold. If your's is a 38mm, then heck yes it is too small for the 76.