wastegate flutter only in 3rd & higher

GN-231

I am planning on going to the track tonight, but I am running into some problems with some wastegate flutter.
The car has a trasher chip, FP set to 45, O2 readings seem to be fine (high 700 to low 800).....blah..blah.
Anyways, the car runs very strong through first and second, but seems to fall on its face just after I hit the second to third shift (no knock on shift). When I had the boost set at 18 psi, I could hold 18 psi in 1st & 2nd (ran great), but when it shifted to 3rd the boost dropped to 16 psi (felt like it lost about 25% power).
I also tried running around 21 psi (w/ alky). The car ran extremely well through 1st & 2nd, but then when it hit 3rd :mad:, the boost gauge needle started to flutter all around and the car fell on its face.
I hope someone knows the answer to this....I really want to make it to the track later on today.
This problem seems very strange to me since the car runs great in 1st &2nd, but then sucks in 3rd??
I really want to put the hurt on a few high dollar z28s and mustangs tonight....please help with my problem :D

Maybe hooking my car up "tuner" style would solve my boost problems??
would a thrasher 92 chip be able to operate properly with a tuner style wastegate, alky, & about 21-22 psi boost??