Wanted, GNX to drive

stage1gn

I am going to start throwing out the search for a GNX,at first I thought I'd want one of the extreme low mile examples,but have turned in a different direction.I have owned a 87 GN now for 22 years,remember viewing them on the dealers lots in 86,87 and wished I could have bought one new,but at 17,there was no way.Fast forward to 91,obtained an 87 GN(still own it today.Fast forwad again to earlier this year,a 1,400 mile loaded 87 GN comes available(exact twin to my orig one),almost every option you could have,except twilight and fact alarm.(T-top car).Seeing his car in person was/is unbelievable,condition,documents,etc and with the windows pretty much never rolled down,holds that new car smell still very vividly!!!!
As you would geuss,this is a car that is not to drive,basically enclose trailor to shows.I don't mind owning it as I have the other to drive,so it is a garage trophy.On my list,like many others is to own a GNX,in 03 GNX #219 was local,for sale,9k miles,great price,but I passed as I figured that was the pricing and just pick one up later.Then the 2005-2008 collector car market flies up and sends GNX's into a vey costly relm to own.Dam hindsight !!!!
I also have a TTA w/16k miles,mint,orig,documents,etc and figured I'd sell both of these now to obtain an X.Back to my orig statement,my direction has changed,I don't want to get rid of the TTA,have come to really enjoy it,2-300 miles a year,shows,etc,and while not as rare as an X,it still holds it's own with only 1,550 made and IMO,is very collectable as well.
After owning the 1,400 mile GN that I won't be driving,I would never want a GNX like that to stare at in the garage,it would kill me not to be driving it.
So a GNX I would prefer,would be something in the mid-high teens on up,even maybe 50k on it.Would like one to still be orig,paint,interior,no mods,etc.NTM,keep the cost factor down,and retain my TTA.This would be one that I can drive the same 2-300 miles a year and not feel guilty.
Not a rush to have it next week,but have to start getting it out there as I won't sell my 1,400 mile car yet until one is in close sight to purchase.
Anyone have something in that range,let me know what you have.I am on the east coast.I keep tabs on all that come up for sale,but maybe one of you that own one have a thought about getting rid of but haven't advertised yet.Thank you,Paul

Or............????? I do body/paint,if there are any out there that you might have that you think need paint,but is a nice car,not a wreck,but needs paint,I'd like to hear about it to.I would entertain it.

Paul is a straight shooter guys, has a lot of nice cars and a good guy to deal with. Hope you find what you are looking for Paul!

I like your thinking, why have a garage queen? what purpose does it serve?
do you really enjoy having a car just sit in your garage? I've had a very lo mile GN, that I never drove.
( 10 mi in 4 yrs) finally sold it , and do not regret owning or selling it.
My GNX was 50k+ miles, and I drove to car shows, meet ups, and enjoyed every minute!
while I do feel the GNX is rare, enjoy it, and show it to others who have not seen one.
to me.......... having a car you don't drive, is like having a virgin girl friend, you have NO idea how much fun it really is!
good luck in your search

^^^^^^^^^I'm with this guy. If you want something to look at,buy a picture. drive them.

As the seller writes,not phoney,not a scam,that is the car from about a year ago in NJ.Those pics are from Ebay,car was in NJ.He IS the scam !!!!!!

But thanks alot etriebe for the post with it anyway,it is always worth the investigation.

Thanks we2man,saw that car before.Followed it,last I knew he was out of my range,hoping for something to come up closer to me as well.But I am keeping an eye on it,Couple things I saw I didn't like about it to,not saying its a bad car.