Want to update my car to the 21st centry

turbo chris1970

Engine bay
hey yall
I'm no tech guy just a wrench head so my question is I have a stock ecm with a chip for 60lb injectors that's all everything else is stock so for reliability and tuning how and what unit would go the furthest for me meaning I wouldn't have to upgrade every year like XFI ? I don't know where to begin
One more thing ,I've been doing everything
I can to reduce the temperature under the hood to prolong the life of my wires and relays etc the season is around the corner so please help

That's a loaded question. If you're all stock, the factory ecm is the cheapest. Especially if your not a tech guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

hey yall
I'm no tech guy just a wrench head so my question is I have a stock ecm with a chip for 60lb injectors that's all everything else is stock so for reliability and tuning how and what unit would go the furthest for me meaning I wouldn't have to upgrade every year like XFI ? I don't know where to begin
One more thing ,I've been doing everything
I can to reduce the temperature under the hood to prolong the life of my wires and relays etc the season is around the corner so please help
Who says you have to upgrade XFI every year?o_O

Too many people (mostly all of us) never really know or plan out the path they will go with there rides. And they never know when it's going to stop. I wish I can say I wasn't one of them.

Just my opinion.

But if you are one of the fortunate people who could admit to something to this effect, right this very moment........... "I declare I will end up going into the deep 9's and still may never be happy" Then forget all the bullshit upgrades. Don't even mess with all the other 1000 different engine management options and add-on's. Just get the XFI now, and get your vendor to tune it for you, ask him to teach you the basics, read a lot on your own, and start using it to record data and analyze and modify your tune continuously forever and ever and ever as you upgrades progress.

Or if you are going to keep a stock style set-up, and you are planning it to be a set basic combo, and you don't plan on constantly making changes to critical components, or fuel types, or constantly trying to tune another pound of boost into it, or another single horsepower out of it, or even worse, change things every time some board member says there is a new better way, then go with the stock ECM type upgrades.

Your other question about coolant/underhood heat should probably be posted into the "General Turbo Buick Tech" section.

Who says you have to upgrade XFI every year?o_O

Too many people (mostly all of us) never really know or plan out the path they will go with there rides. And they never know when it's going to stop. I wish I can say I wasn't one of them.

Just my opinion.

But if you are one of the fortunate people who could admit to something to this effect, right this very moment........... "I declare I will end up going into the deep 9's and still may never be happy" Then forget all the bullshit upgrades. Don't even mess with all the other 1000 different engine management options and add-on's. Just get the XFI now, and get your vendor to tune it for you, ask him to teach you the basics, read a lot on your own, and start using it to record data and analyze and modify your tune continuously forever and ever and ever as you upgrades progress.

Or if you are going to keep a stock style set-up, and you are planning it to be a set basic combo, and you don't plan on constantly making changes to critical components, or fuel types, or constantly trying to tune another pound of boost into it, or another single horsepower out of it, or even worse, change things every time some board member says there is a new better way, then go with the stock ECM type upgrades.

Your other question about coolant/underhood heat should probably be posted into the "General Turbo Buick Tech" section.
wow that's the best and sound logical advice I've have recieved in a long while and I think I needed to hear that from someone like you because honestly deep down in my brain I was thinking that because I know where I want my car to be as time and technologies progress so thanks again and happy boosting and I hope this season you reach into the 8s or lower ,chris from philly pa

wow that's the best and sound logical advice I've have recieved in a long while and I think I needed to hear that from someone like you because honestly deep down in my brain I was thinking that because I know where I want my car to be as time and technologies progress so thanks again and happy boosting and I hope this season you reach into the 8s or lower ,chris from philly pa

Well, the way I see it, Is years ago I knew I would be working and changing things constantly until I developed the twin turbo configuration I have today. It started with the bolt-on stock block and progressed from there. Then when it got tired, I moved along to the stage motor, and when that was being built, I decided to fabricate a mild twin set-up for a street car. There was no other way I could move forward without an aftermarket engine management system. It even has come as far as me forgetting how the stock ECM works! I see questions asked by guys with stock ECMs and can't even remember what a BLM is or what O2 milivolt is lean or rich.

Today, the combination is pretty much done. I'm absolutely certain my combination is capable of much, much more than what's in my signature. But I only maintain and upgrade when things break or when I'm bored. I still love to tinker with the tune looking for little tricks. I like the theoretical conversations too.

Now, I just want to drive it!