Video of 5.05 qualifying pass

Sounds like you peddled the car a little at the start, then managed to pull the wheels back up. Nice pass...

Sounds like you peddled the car a little at the start, then managed to pull the wheels back up. Nice pass...

The peddling is the F2 blower car in the other lane. I pour the power on around 60 foot which is why it pulls the wheels at that point. 60' was 1.33 on the 5.05. I'm working backwards to get the power in sooner but it's much more touchy than I thought. I did manage a best of 1.28 to the 60' but spun about 150 feet out:( so close to the 4.90's. More testing to come though.

Dusty-

Just curious as to what that might equate to in the 1/4?

Thanks in advance.

Ty

Dusty-

Just curious as to what that might equate to in the 1/4?

Thanks in advance.

Ty

My 7.77 at 181 was a 5.12 at 148 with a 106mm. I had issues at the time with valvesprings. The car now runs the same mph to the 1/8 as the 106 did but with 6# less boost. This should be low 7.7 or high 7.6 at 180 or so. The 94mm runs out of breath at 7800 rpm so I'd have to change gearing to run the 1/4 with the 94mm.

My 7.77 at 181 was a 5.12 at 148 with a 106mm. I had issues at the time with valvesprings. The car now runs the same mph to the 1/8 as the 106 did but with 6# less boost. This should be low 7.7 or high 7.6 at 180 or so. The 94mm runs out of breath at 7800 rpm so I'd have to change gearing to run the 1/4 with the 94mm.

HOLY SMOKES! That is great, I appreciate the video and reply.

Ty

Nice video, thanks Dusty.
You are going to be a scary man with the big turbo...

That's wicked.

Sorry if you have already answered this a million times, but why did you step down to the 94mm? Was it to have a stronger 1/8th mile time?

That's wicked.

Sorry if you have already answered this a million times, but why did you step down to the 94mm? Was it to have a stronger 1/8th mile time?

ORSCA changed the rules.
He also has to run the shorter tire 325DR.

I'll be giving you a call to talk about a few things coming down the pipe. :cool:

That's wicked.

It was due to what John said. The org I race with cut the turbo and blower limits back to try and make the class more fair and slow it down. The 106 will 60' as well as the small turbo but make another 10# of boost. The car should go 150+ with the 106 back on.

Juast amazing as usual. How's your plants doing over there? Ours are going full bore, even with the high gas prices. But then again, you can't drive TOO far on an island.:biggrin: